Boarding at intermediate stop

Hello,

We're looking at booking the Adventure of the Seas cruise from San Juan on Nov 25. But due to the complexities of our schedule, it is easier to fly into St Thomas and get on the ship on monday, is that possible? How would this arrangement work?

Does anyone know when the latest to checkin in San Juan is?

Thanks

San Juan latest check in for 8:30 departure would technically be 7pm (90 minute Customs requirement) but I am pretty sure is it somewhat earlier than that partly due to Muster Drill time.

Some routes may be possible for intermediate stop boarding as long is it does not run afoul of the Passenger Vessel Services Act (sometimes referred to as Jones Act) that prohibits transport by foreign flag vessels between US ports without an intervening foreign stop.

Please read this link with regards to partial cruises.

I did read the link that you posted. The last line of the article is interesting.....

"If either the passenger's embarkation port or disembarkation port is in a foreign country, then the provisions of this cabotage law do not apply. Nor do they apply in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands"

I did not know that the statute did not apply to the U.S. territories down in the Caribbean. It appears that the OP will probably be able to make the adjustments in his itinerary that he desires. At least that is my take on the write-up.

Archived