Luggage in Rio

crowpro

We are on the 48 day cruise from Miami to Rio starting Jan 5th 2013. We leave the Regatta in the morning of Feb 22nd and our flight is around 10:00pm that night. Does Oceania provide any service to handle our luggage so we do not have to carry it with us during the day?

When we disembarked the ship in Rio, we took the Oceania tour of Rio for the day. The tour company took our luggage too. We toured, shopped, listened to the guide, went to the Mall, and arrived at the airport in the late afternoon. The luggage was distributed at the end of the tour which was the airport and we went our merry way to our airlines. Most of the flights for the US leave in the late afternoon, so this is not unusual. Hope this helps. I'm sure, if I left anything out, someone will let you know. Have a great trip!

If you do not take a day tour, are you stuck with your luggage all day?

Thanks

You'll pick up your luggage at the pier. If you take Oceania's day tour, you take it to the bus. If you book an independent tour, you take it to the tour guide's car. If you find a hotel with a day-room rate, you take it there, and then on the the airport. You can take it to the airport first, possibly rent a luggage locker (I don't know if they have them), and then head back inbto town or whatever you want to do on your own.

But, yes, whatever you do, you'll be responsible for your own luggage from the time you depart the ship.

In Rio, we took Oceania's bus tour and were very pleased with the day.

• 6 months later...

we are on Marina from Rome to Rio next month...and we have a day room for 3 couples at the Copacabana Palace...it's expensive...but slit 3 ways not so bad...figure we'll have the beach, pools, room etc. to spend the day...leave for the airport when we want (our flights are not until around 10:30 PM...not late afternoon)...and not feel tired and hot from a day on a bus. If you are not travelling with friends perhaps you could find "roomies" on your R/C to share with? ;) LuAnn

It would be great to have a day tour after leaving the ship but when I looked at the Oceania's shore trips they were not offered that day. Any suggestions?

by calling the home office...as it wasn't listed on our shore excursion list either....they were very vague about what they "might" be offering and the cost/timing etc...but that was several months ago for out sailing next month...try the home office would be my suggestion. LuAnn

Archived