Oasis Review w/tons of pics 3/24-3/31-closest thing ever to a perfect cruise!!

540909_10150686049638113_682718112_9547218_2008515413_n.jpg

Our fishing boat, captained by Captain Alvin. The boat may not be sexy, but we caught a load of fish. And since none of us have ever fished before, that was awesome!!!

We caught 14 Garr, a baby Yellowtail that we threw back, a Grouper called a Butterfish, a Kingfish, and a nasty Baracuda. And a bird. Yes, we caught a bird!:eek:

I'm so enjoying your review and photos. What caught my eye was in your title you referred to it as "closest thing ever to a perfect cruise". That's EXACTLY how we felt about the Oasis 2 years ago. Next year we are doing the Allure with the itinerary that you are on. You have me so excited...I can't wait to read the rest and see your photos. : )

551047_10150686045463113_682718112_9547194_12328986_n.jpg

St. Thomas Review:

It was my favorite day of the cruise. It was Day 4 btw, not Day 3. We all had a great time fishing, I can't believe we caught so many fish. I highly recommend fishing to anyone with kids. We knew NOTHING and Alvin did everything for us, and I have some of the greastest pics ever.

St Thomas-A+++++

Next up, St. Maarten.

I'm so enjoying your review and photos. What caught my eye was in your title you referred to it as "closest thing ever to a perfect cruise". That's EXACTLY how we felt about the Oasis 2 years ago. Next year we are doing the Allure with the itinerary that you are on. You have me so excited...I can't wait to read the rest and see your photos. : )

It really was as close to perfect as a cruise could get. It was really amazing.:)

292103_10150686074668113_682718112_9547391_714425069_n.jpg

Day 5: St. Maarten:

My thoughts. I had never been before, all I knew is that it was part French, part Dutch, and we were spending the day at a hotel called La Samana. I guess a friend of my mom's owns the gym at this hotel and they got us free day passes.

I will post this pics because the property is very beautiful, and if you like hotels that are very exclusive, very beautiful, and very quiet then La Samana is the place for you. Personally, I like more fun, more action, less exclusivity. I'm not complaning, the whole day was free, and it was very beautiful, just not my cup of tea. I like things loud, fun and messy, not polished, subdued and silent. I kept feeling like my kids shouldn't make noise here, I like places where we can make noise.

Great views, lovely property, I'll take Atlantis.

Funny thing is, the island is a lot like the hotel from what I could see. It is one of the cleanest, neatest, prettiest caribbean islands I have ever seen, just not my personal favorite. I like action. But we still had a great time, and it really is a very pretty place. Pics to come.

Thanks for the great review. Doing your itinerary on Allure in June and debting on the value of Atlantis. DD and I went for a girls weekend a few years back so have "done it" but DH and DS (16) have not. Thinking it may be worth it as I know they would enjoy.

Day Five: St. Maarten Review:

My feelings about St. Maarten are pretty simple, it's like a museum, really pretty, but you are afraid to touch anything. At least where we were.

I'm sure there are tons of fun places on the island, I just got a very European feeling from this island and it just won't be one of my favorites. I feel the same way about Grand Cayman by the way, nothing wrong with it, I've been there a dozen times, just not my favorite.

I love Jamaica, Bahamas, St. Thomas, Mexico, and I really adore Labadee. St. Maarten is very beautiful, but it won't be making my top ten. But don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with it, just not my personal thing.

Grades for St. Maarten:

Beauty: A

Fun Factor: B-

Now that we have covered all the ports, we can move on to the ship itself. But you might have to wait until tomorrow...stay tuned.:D

Thanks for the great review. Doing your itinerary on Allure in June and debting on the value of Atlantis. DD and I went for a girls weekend a few years back so have "done it" but DH and DS (16) have not. Thinking it may be worth it as I know they would enjoy.

Whatever you do, don't make the mistake of dividing the cost by the number of hours you will be there (I did that, yikes), because then it sounds even worse mathematically!! But it is so much fun, your kids will love it.:D

Archived