Here are pics of Solstice's largest angled balcony (Cabin 9192)!

kimcheeboy

Just got off the Solstice last week where we had the 1A category cabin 9192. Hope this gives people a good feel for just how large the balcony really is.

6895005864_3319e361ec_c.jpg

7041057451_241dc7142f_c.jpg

7041285445_45f5337a3d_c.jpg

Nice pics, we are on the hump in 1610 on Equinox this June. It is a big balcony too.

Nice pics, we are on the hump in 1610 on Equinox this June. It is a big balcony too.

Yes, 1610 is the same size.

It depends where the ship is / where the sun is, as to how bright or shaded it is. The attached pics give you some idea hopefully.

It suited us perfectly :)

1033281092_Dec09027.jpg.a610e0b3a03947c7f3bc6667baa2f251.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg.efff78bd768ab50a42608266fcc492a4.jpg

We stayed in 8279 (first cabin on the hump, large verandah) and never had an issue with the cabin being too dark. Open the curtain, if it's light outside, you get light inside.

As to direct sun, it was limited when it was there, and it was toward the rail just like you see in another posters pictures.

Sorry, but I love bright, open cabins -- I'd hate this one --- far too closed in and I would be gutted if I walked in to this ---

Then again, each to their own and I am sure it really suits others. :)

We will be in 9192 on Solstice for her October 2nd sailing. With possibly iffy weather, I think the depth of the balcony may allow us to be outside when the wind and spray would make other balconies unusable. I'm looking forward to it even more thanks to your pix. Thanks for posting.

Could anyone advise if 8256 on the next hump has a similar balcony. I am worried the stateroom would be too dark. I think a wide balcony would be great but not long and narrow.

I hope someone can help?

Great location with very large balcony!

DSC01122.jpg

DSC01123.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

Great location with very large balcony!

DSC01122.jpg

DSC01123.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

Many thanks for these photos, this balcony looks totally different from the other one.

Can I take it that 8256 on the Eclipse is in the same position as on the Solstice?

If so, we will stay in 8256 as it looks great, I was thinking we might have to change.

Much appreciate also the great information you get from fellow CC's!

Is it actually the camera lens that's distorting this and making it seem far longer and narrower than it actually is? We had 1610 on the hump and it was a fabulous balcony - I thought it was one of the biggest ones on the ship.

Is it actually the camera lens that's distorting this and making it seem far longer and narrower than it actually is? We had 1610 on the hump and it was a fabulous balcony - I thought it was one of the biggest ones on the ship.

My guess is it's the camera lens. Note how the decking is curved. We had 3 in a row on the hump slant on our Baltic cruise and none of them looked like the first set of pictures. They looked like the last pictures posted. Great balconies! Have the same one booked for Thanksgiving.

Just got off the Solstice last week where we had the 1A category cabin 9192. Hope this gives people a good feel for just how large the balcony really is.

Howdy neighbor! We were right above you in 1044 last week. Loved that balcony!

To the person asking about sun, very little direct sunlight makes it into your room due to the depth of the balcony and the overhang from deck 12. As result it stays nice and cool.

Many thanks for all your comments! We are sticking with 8256 as the last set of photos of the balcony look great.

I think perhaps you are right with the camera distorting the first set of photos but definitely would not like that set up, but of course as previously said, each to our own and as other cruisers have pointed out, they like it.

Regards

Please Please....STOP telling people the 1A's are great cabins. :eek:

They are NOT. !!

....and it's getting harder and harder for me to get one. :D

You are so right! They are wT oE nR dR eI rB fL uE l :)!

Edited by travellink

cabin 8252 on solstice, is that the first hump cabin with the largest balcony, anyone know or stayed in this cabin.....

Yes it is . I have stayed there ...three times...it's aweful.;)

:D Please people ...don't book these cabins !!

Edited by WELSH WIZARDS