Britania Early Seating

_kerry_

Hello

Wondering if anyone knows what time is early seating for the britania? I see on their site it says early seating is 6:30. On our TA last summer I recall early seating being 6:00. Did they change the times?

6:30 would be preferrable to the 6:00 start especially on formal nights.

Hello

Wondering if anyone knows what time is early seating for the britania? I see on their site it says early seating is 6:30. On our TA last summer I recall early seating being 6:00. Did they change the times?

6:30 would be preferrable to the 6:00 start especially on formal nights.

What dining options are available on board?

The grade of stateroom you have booked will determine the restaurant you dine in. For example, A1 to D8 grade staterooms will dine in the Britannia restaurant with either an early (6pm) or late (8.30pm) sitting. If applicable, guests booked into an AA grade stateroom will also dine here (single sitting from 6.30 to 9pm).

Guests in a Princess Grill suite dine in the Princess Grill restaurant and those in the Queens Grill suites dine in the Queens Grill restaurant. A single seating operation between 6.30pm and 9pm operates for these restaurants.

What dining options are available on board?

The grade of stateroom you have booked will determine the restaurant you dine in. For example, A1 to D8 grade staterooms will dine in the Britannia restaurant with either an early (6pm) or late (8.30pm) sitting. If applicable, guests booked into an AA grade stateroom will also dine here (single sitting from 6.30 to 9pm).

Guests in a Princess Grill suite dine in the Princess Grill restaurant and those in the Queens Grill suites dine in the Queens Grill restaurant. A single seating operation between 6.30pm and 9pm operates for these restaurants.

I assume you have just copied that from the Cunard website ?

The trouble is, so have I:

http://www.cunard.co.uk/New-to-Cruising/Life-On-Board/#Dining and Menus

> Britannia Restaurant – Guests staying in Britannia Balcony, Oceanview or Inside staterooms dine here. When you book your luxury cruise, you will be asked to choose from either main seating at 6.30pm or late seating at 8.30pm for your evening dining. The time you select will be your dining time throughout your cruise.

---

So one part of the site says 6, and another says 6:30.

I assume you have just copied that from the Cunard website ?

The trouble is, so have I:

http://www.cunard.co.uk/New-to-Cruising/Life-On-Board/#Dining and Menus

> Britannia Restaurant – Guests staying in Britannia Balcony, Oceanview or Inside staterooms dine here. When you book your luxury cruise, you will be asked to choose from either main seating at 6.30pm or late seating at 8.30pm for your evening dining. The time you select will be your dining time throughout your cruise.

---

So one part of the site says 6, and another says 6:30.

From what I remember you have a half an hour to arrive. So anytime between 6 and 6:30. I always tried to be there on time though.:)

I've just had another check on the site and the times change depending on which pages you look at. It always says 8:30 for second, but some pages say 6 for early and others say 6:30.

Confused ? Not as confused as Cunard it would seem !!!

I don't believe they are confused.

In March this year, our ticket had dining at 6.30pm. The dining room opened at 6pm and the latest you could be seated was 6.30pm. Our table of 6 aimed to be there around 6.15 but all of us took advantage of the 6.30 time according to our plans of that day.

In March this year, our ticket had dining at 6.30pm. The dining room opened at 6pm and the latest you could be seated was 6.30pm. Our table of 6 aimed to be there around 6.15 but all of us took advantage of the 6.30 time according to our plans of that day.

This is our experience too on QV. The latest we ever arrived was 6.30 and we were still finished by about 7.30-7.45.

What time do the shows start at? I presume early seating is in line with this?

There are two shows each night, one for each sitting. Mostly they are after dinner but occasionally they precede it. Thereis plenty of time to get there and sometimes you might live to regret that fact as the shows get somewhat mixed reviews.

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be funny, Cunard shoreside at its best. :)

Personally, I have found that any attempt at advance planning in areas such as dining times, dress code, guest speakers, etc etc etc is usually doomed to founder on the rock of Cunard shoreside. My tactic is to simply wait till I'm on board and then pay particular attention to the daily programmes. Mind you, even that tactic occasionally founders on the equally dangerous rock of the fallibility of my personal wetware! :eek:

J

Pushka is correct about having some shows before dinner, although on a longer cruise, the usual time for the late show (for the late sitting) is 10.45pm. We had 2 shows which were on at 7pm (for late sitting) and then at about 7.45 for the early diners.

Pushka is correct about having some shows before dinner, although on a longer cruise, the usual time for the late show (for the late sitting) is 10.45pm. We had 2 shows which were on at 7pm (for late sitting) and then at about 7.45 for the early diners.

I wonder if the 7:00 show for late dining is at the request of the performers. (Maybe they wanted to be done working at 9:30 so they could get to G32 ahead of the crowds :D ) On QM2, the production shows were all at 8:45 for early dining and 10:30 for late dining. I think the "string fever" duo did the show for late dining at 7 and so did the "leading men." IIRC, the other performers went with the traditional after-dinner shows for both dining times.

I wonder if the 7:00 show for late dining is at the request of the performers.

I thought that too. I did see the Leading Men enjoying the atmosphere of the Queens Room late one night, but being pestered by people wanting photos. :p. Not me though!;)

I also saw the three young performers from the acrobatics show walking through Kings Court area obviously having come from the spa area. Guess they didn't get public attire info........

Archived