Does Serenity area allow women to sunbath topless?

rydan

Just a rhetorical question OP, since I think most of the answers you've gotten have been ridiculous; I wonder how different the answers would have been if you'd have said, "I am a Sport's Illustated swim suit model and wanted to go topless on the Serenity Deck. Is this allowed?" It absolutely nauseates me how people objectify women and if you aren't a perfect 10, well then, you might as well commit suicide :rolleyes:

As one who has also lost a lot of weight and is enjoying my body much more now, I say, you go girl!! Who gives a rat's patootie if you don't have "perfect" 20 year old, never nursed a baby breasts????? I say, if you are comfortable with your body, go for it!!! As others have noted, you'll either be asked to cover up or not, but you won't know until you try :D

I was pro nudity:) Which is funny because I'd rather wear a burka than go nude in public. I have no problems with other people in their natural state.

I feel exactly the same :D

This is how I feel.

I admire people that:

1) aren't inhibited or prudish

and

2) are comfortable in their own skin.

I think it's awesome.

I also feel that the human body is magnificent...some are absolute works of art.

And when I admire a person, it is all about the beauty. Not everyone sees a body part and sexualizes it.

AS far as boobs go, they are magnificent in that they are meant to feed a child...pretty awesome if you ask me and should be nothing to be ashamed of.

I feel exactly the same :D

This is how I feel.

I admire people that:

1) aren't inhibited or prudish

and

2) are comfortable in their own skin.

I think it's awesome.

I also feel that the human body is magnificent...some are absolute works of art.

And when I admire a person, it is all about the beauty. Not everyone sees a body part and sexualizes it.

AS far as boobs go, they are magnificent in that they are meant to feed a child...pretty awesome if you ask me and should be nothing to be ashamed of.

Exactly. I tell my son they ain't just ornaments for man's enjoyment.

Exactly. I tell my son they ain't just ornaments for man's enjoyment.

men are just SO weird. :p:p:p

Describes me perfectly (Picasso was the artist, though).

LMAO!!!

That's truly scary :p

Yep, tried some of those in Key West, they work awesome....but hurt like he** coming off! Maybe I just needed to drink more tequila?:p:eek:

BTW, DH favorite t-shirt is "Boobies Make Me Happy", so no, men NEVER tire of them!

Happy Sailing,

Did you see the one's that look like little pirates ?? How cool.

To take them off, just put a layer of lotion over them and they will peel away without the "ouch" .

OK, how cool would it be for Carnival to start selling them with thier logo ??? Talk about advertising. !!!!!!!

;)

OP to answer your question with real life experience YES you can! There is no stated rule saying you can't. There is always the chance someone will complain and they may ask you to cover up but on my last two cruises I went topless on Serenity and was not asked to cover up once. By the 3rd sea day on Freedom I was joined by several ladies who also dropped the tops. Not one issue at all. On the 4th sea day I found out that a minister was sitting next to me but he didn't have an issue with me and I didn't with him...

Get your tan on girl:D

Exactly! Others are just waiting for someone else to do it first. I do remember going to the topless deck on Carnival years ago and the wait staff was very respectful, but seemed proud of his assigned area. lol

This is funny hearing people on both sides of this. Breasts are breasts. All they really are is lumps of skin, fat, fibrous tissue and glands. Both men and women have them. The other difference is that in men the breasts do not fully develop. If somebody wants to sunbathe topless, then fine. Right now the only real option on carnival is to do it on your balcony. I would not have a problem if there was a topless area of the ship for those who wish to tan topless, but there is not. I have a feeling this has less to do with those who do not agree with topless sunbathing, than dealing with those who just want to stand around and stare.

Funny story and a lesson to guys. A woman is more than her chest. Talking to her face and not her chest will get you much further. When I met my wife, she asked me out. The reason she did this is that we talked for over an hour and I looked directly at her face the entire time. She is a very busty woman (E) and she is in great physical shape. I was the first man to show interest in her and not her chest. A year later we got married and have been happy ever since.

I don't see anything wrong with the question, although it's certainly not a stretch to see where this sort of question could certainly rile up the masses!

What I do find just a tiny bit odd is that many of this usernames other posts are clearly made by a man:eek::p Maybe the dw just popped in to ask a question instead of making her own account...? LOL

I am definitely not a man although for a week each month I wish I were. :D I am curious as to which of my posts were "Clearly made by a man" :confused: For the record my hubby has his own account... Hmm, or were you referring to the OP?

Yep, tried some of those in Key West, they work awesome....but hurt like he** coming off! Maybe I just needed to drink more tequila?:p:eek:

BTW, DH favorite t-shirt is "Boobies Make Me Happy", so no, men NEVER tire of them!

Happy Sailing,

Rubbing alcohol and Qtips...just put some alcohol on the Qtip or cotton balls and rub them as you are peeling them off, loosens up some of the glue, just go slowly...the band aid approach does not work well with pasties!:eek:

People think it's a treat to expose themselves for the shock value. If we weren't so hung about about a naked body part, I'm sure they'd dress in snowsuits for the same thrill.

Ok so I don 't care who is pro nudity or not, you said people think it's a treat to expose themselves and I disagree.

Women who want to sunbath topless are not typically out to show their boobs but to feel the sun and tan a part of their body.

Therefore I'll continue to disagree with this statement.

Also I'd rather die naked than wear a burka, it's nothing more than a symbol of "women being to blame for mens lust, and therefore we need to cover every inch of it"

JMO, Carole

I am definitely not a man although for a week each month I wish I were. :D I am curious as to which of my posts were "Clearly made by a man" :confused: For the record my hubby has his own account... Hmm, or were you referring to the OP?

Yes, referring to OP. Your avatar is a pic of you (clearly a woman).

Got it...sorry, I was so confused. :p

Not surprised at all this thread is still going. :D

Well, whether you want to show 'em (errr, I mean SUN them), don't want to show 'em, want to see 'em or don't want to see 'em, I think most would have to admit this has been an amusing thread. Some funny stuff here:p

Ok so I don 't care who is pro nudity or not, you said people think it's a treat to expose themselves and I disagree.

Women who want to sunbath topless are not typically out to show their boobs but to feel the sun and tan a part of their body.

Also I'd rather die naked than wear a burka, it's nothing more than a symbol of "women being to blame for mens lust, and therefore we need to cover every inch of it"

JMO, Carole

I find all of your posts to be brilliant....just wanted to mention that. :)

JMO, Carole

You didn't read my past quotes...I was responding to the poster who mentioned perverts not people who want to sunbathe. If you had read what I had written, I've clearly stated many times that I'm pro nudity.

My burka comment was nothing more than a joke (perhaps a bad one). I should have said flour sack but then you know, I'm sure people would jump over me.

You didn't read my past quotes...I was responding to the poster who mentioned perverts not people who want to sunbathe. If you had read what I had written, I've clearly stated many times that I'm pro nudity.

My burka comment was nothing more than a joke (perhaps a bad one). I should have said flour sack but then you know, I'm sure people would jump over me.

Ok so I must have read you wrong, it really did sound to me like you were saying people wanted to topless sunbath just to show off their "assets"

And I really believe most of the women wanting to sunbath topless are doing so to tan so their clothes won't show tan lines.

I over reacted to the burka comment and I'm sorry, the whole female

oppression thing is just horrible and I feel so bad for the women that have to live like this, and I probably took it too seriously.

Carole

Archived