Legend Losers!!

elgato2

Don't know if this is a good place to start but I SO need motivation to lose some weight.

We have a cruise booked on the Legend for December and I'm hoping by posting this declaration to diet, I will be shamed into sticking with it!

Thought maybe others with future cruises on the Legend (or anyone for that matter)might want to join in and post here if you need diet motivation too!

I am a 50 (something) female 5'5"..Right now 163lbs..

My target weight is 140 by Thanksgiving..right now I'm mainly counting calories..determined to fit into a cocktail dress that I once wore..

I'm in my first week but figured if anyone else out there would like to post also we could keep each other motivated.

DH is dieting also but he is not very inclined to stick with it and really needs to lose 50lbs..so I am seeking other motivation cause if I do it maybe he will too!

We are currently weighing in on Sundays..

Who wants in?

Count me in...

I too am sailing on the Legend in December... unfortunately it is December of 2013.

I have a lot of weight that I have to lose (I am 5'10" and at last weigh in 280lbs.) I would ideally like to lose 130 but would be very happy to lose 80-100 pounds... I have 20 months... so basically a pound a week.

I have tried the majority of diet programs... but without the motivation they really don't do a lot of good (lose weight at the time but as soon as I stop following - the weight goes right back on.).

Looking forward to getting healthier and not being embarrased to dress up for formal night or put on a swimsuit.

I am cruising in December and I have been trying to lose weight since January the cruise critic board has been a great motivation tool for me plus I have gotten some great tips. It hasn't been until the past 2 weeks I have really been dropping some weight and I do think it has to do with dropping a lot of carbs and eating more lean protien and more exercise. I wasn't working out on weekends but since that is when I drink and eat bad I make myself do at least 20 minutes on the weekends, I really think a lot more about what I eat when I know I have to work it off. Good luck to both of you, I have been weighing in on fridays so I didn't stess over the weekend but now Sunday might be a good day for me.:rolleyes:

I hadn't checked my post in a few days cause no one posted at all for the first few days or so....

I am REALLY motivated to lose weight for my cruise in Dec.

Have decided to adopt totally new eating habits that I can live with ALL THE TIME...so hopefully once I lose the weight I want I can maintain that for the rest of my life. I know I can't expect dramatic results quickly this way but feel it is the most sensible approach for me.

I'm counting calories...1200 a day...eating more fruits and veggies..etc...

The "My Fitness App" is awesome..scans barcodes of the food you eat and adds the calories...I log EVERYTHING I eat and it really keeps me accountable!

Since I LOVE carbs..I eat a bowl of cereal..usually Honey Bunches of Oats or Special K..with Silk Almond milk...(I know sounds gross but its REALLY good...more calcium and less fat)

Lunch is usually a protein bar...

Dinner is a Weight Watchers something or Lean Cuisine..every third or fourth day I just have cereal for dinner again...

Snacks are a piece of string cheese or a WW ice cream bar..satisfies my chocolate craving.

I honestly am not hungry...and feel better.

I haven't really started a regular exercise plan yet and have lost 2lbs so I'm pleased....15-20 more to go...

You are starting well...

I have been totally stressed at work for about the past month - so I have done nothing but eat poorly and sit at my computer day in and day out. I am not necessarily eating bad things... just not eating properly (veggies once every 3 days) and lots of soda.

I have to force myself to start moving - now that the nice weather is back here.

I generally don't eat breakfast... might eat lunch if I remember to and then eat heavy at supper time.

No snacks but no activity either. Are you a member of Weight Watchers? I have a membership although I have not gone in a couple of months now. I do however still check things out on line. YOu are right - when I was recording everything that I was eating... I was losing weight and felt better.

Time to get back to that as well I think.

After I found the My Fitness Pal online and started recording what I ate I realized I was not consuming many calories just eating all the wrong things!

I gave up alcohol (the only thing I miss)..except for one drink a week...

I used to have a small drink or two every day (rum..fattening!)

I replaced my morning donut with the cereal

and gave up chocolate candies (6) that I used to eat after dinner for dessert.

I am eating smaller portions and and actually feel better already...not so tired and bloated...

Oh..also completely gave up soda (always drank diet coke) but even tho it has 0 calories I've always heard it keeps you from losing weight...

I can't say enough great things about "My Fitness Pal"..It even tells you when you're not eating enough calories! You can access it online or get the app. I couldn't do this without it!

I'm retired and have no excuse for being so sedentary..other than since I have all day to "shake something"..I put it off!

Good luck...keep posting...I need encouragement!

Rhealsmom..realized I didn't answer your question..

I was a member of WW years ago and did have great success with it but not much of a 'joiner' now..so I'll probably just stick with my plan...

BTW...Did I see you're from New Brunswick? I have distant cousins up outside of Fredrickton..haven't seen them in 40+yrs. I was up there as a teen and just LOVED it! Beautiful place!

Hmm My Fitness Pal does look good. I have entered all my stuff but I am not going to start until tomorrow because tonight is my two daughters' birthday and I have bought cake and stuff. I don't have alot to lose but anything is hard to lose. See how I go.

Hi Rassa...

I plan on weighing every Sunday and will post here sometime before 1pm every week. I figure if I have to 'publish' my weight every week I won't be inclined to cheat! I just started this diet April 1st but have not cheated a bit and am REALLY motivated to do this. Fitness Pal is awesome!

I've even been coming in under the 1200 calories most days and of course it then tells me I'm starving myself...etc...but I figure 100cal under isn't too bad...

Now I need the motivation to start a daily workout plan....I'm only doing bare minimum about every three days...

The first week I was dieting I battled a headache almost constantly but I attribute that to caffiene withdrawal...(I was drinking the better part of a 2 liter of diet coke daily). I feel so much better off the soda..I wouldn't have believed the difference!

Now that I no longer have the headache I need to get off my dead A** and exercise!

Keep coming back...maybe we can motivate each other!

When do you cruise?

Elgato2

I cruise end of October on Sea Princess, so lots of time. I will give it a go and start tomorrow - tomorrow is Sunday here in Oz. Don't know how I will go with the 1200 cal but shall try. I have a very physical day tomorrow as we will wheel barrow garden mulch into our backyard, otherwise we have a treadmill that I will try to use half of the week. Good luck for Sunday. I would like to lose 17 lbs.

You don't have to do 1200 calories..that's just what I chose to do and I'm not having trouble with it at all...

I just finished snacking on 3/4c of cheetos cause I was 300 calories under my 1200 for today and it's about bedtime for me..the cheetos amounted to 150 calories but I figured since it's such an UNHEALTHY, fat loaded snack I'd stick w/ a small amount!

Look through the exercise portion/ on Fitness Pal...I think it's listed as cardio training....literally everything you would do in a normal day is listed on there I swear...down to house cleaning!

I'm so impressed with the app!

Well...It's Sunday..weigh in day for me and I'm not particularly pleased...

Only down .6lbs!

I have to say I feel so much better though I REFUSE to get discouraged!

Now I really need to add in a regular exercise regimen..then maybe next Sunday I'll see some REAL results!

Today is usually my one and only day to have a rum and diet coke..don't know if I will though cause of my lack of progress this week..depends on how much will power I have by 4pm...:rolleyes:

Managed to resist the rum/coke last week....

FINALLY added in some exercise this week.

Starting Sunday I rode my coaster bike..did some floor exercises

Monday more bicycling and got on our Nordictrak for 20 minutes...more floor ex...some weights and sit-ups

Tuesday more situps..Nordictrak and floor...

Wednesday I went to the beach and walked it...followed by weights when I returned home and some situps...

Thursday was a bike ride..situps etc...

Fri..I walked up the manmade hill at our local bird sanctuary and did the usual at home exercises..weights and floor...

Haven't decided what today will be but we're supposed to have a very rainy weekend so probably something inside...maybe Wii fit..haven't done that in ages...have to 'dust it off'

I'm really motivated to kep this up...I feel so much better! Tomorrow is weigh-in day...hope I'm not disappointed..I've been really good!

Well..guess this is becoming my own private diary ..but okay..It will help me log what I'm doing..

Today was weigh-in day..another disappointing one...considering I added working out and was faithful and didn't cheat at all eating etc...

Weight is 160.2

I guess I should be happy with a little loss...but STILL!!:eek:

Anyway...I do feel incredibly better eating right and not drinking coke etc...so I'm determined to keep pluggin away.

I have this dream that one of these Sundays I'll have lost 5 lbs in a week!

It could happen right?

Elgato2

Don't give up! Some of us just take time to find the right post to catch our eye!! Sounds like we have somewhat the same goals! I'll try to mirror your efforts and post back for support! I'm 41, 5'-5" and 164... I'd also love to be around 140, but honestly just want to get back to no more than 150 on those bad days!! I was on a cruise at the beginning of April, and some of my pictures hit home that it's time to buckle down so that I'm ready for our cruise on the Conquest at the end of March 2013!! Have a GREAT week!! Power on!

BlondeValor....Good Luck..

I know, I'm not terribly motivated today but I should be..It's a gorgeous day here..not too hot..I should be outside doing something!

I intend to keep posting and will be anxious to hear about your progress.

I agree about the pictures...there's nothing like seeing a few "Fat" pics of yourself to get you going...

I've also hung my favorite formal dress in plain sight in our guest room(which is also my exercise room)..to keep reminding myself how important this is.

Yes, it is beautiful - probably time you visited again! Highly recommend in early fall during Art Prize time, although anytime in the summer at Lake Michigan is great too!

Going the wrong way... Weighed myself and in wasn't pretty... Did better today, and another 20 minutes of elliptical and 20 on the treadmill walking... Somehow someway!!!

I'm working on DH to do a trip to Michigan and the U.P.

We have a small motorhome and that's one of the trips we're talking about doing...

Admire your coordination to type while exercising..don't think I could handle it!

Ate a little larger dinner than usual tonight but still not over my daily calories...

Took me ALL day to get motivated to work out but I finally did..some floor exercises..20 minutes on our old nordiktrak..and some light weights for upper body..always feel better after I work out ...just getting up the energy to do it is half the battle.

Tomorrow I've got yard work I HAVE to do..so I'll probably just do some floor stuff and ride my bike. It's one of those beach cruisers with NO SPEEDS so constant pedalling but I like it..just can't go too far yet!

Hang in there...!

The UP is basically the only place my husband enjoys going to for vacation. We spend at least one week every summer up there. :)

Well, I did well during the week, even found a great recipe that's filling and only 400 calories for a massive serving... Unfortunately we also go out for Mexican every saturday and I blew it as usual! I think I have a plan for next week - plan on ordering the usual but without cheese... That should help a bit. Didn't weigh myself but that's so I don't get discouraged... :(

Hope you are doing better than me!

The UP is basically the only place my husband enjoys going to for vacation. We spend at least one week every summer up there. :)

Well, I did well during the week, even found a great recipe that's filling and only 400 calories for a massive serving... Unfortunately we also go out for Mexican every saturday and I blew it as usual! I think I have a plan for next week - plan on ordering the usual but without cheese... That should help a bit. Didn't weigh myself but that's so I don't get discouraged... :(

Hope you are doing better than me!

Don't get discouraged because what has happened in the past is done and tomorrow is a perfect day to work towards the goals you have. Keep working hard!!!

Hi ..glad someone posted..I've been posting on the "Anyone..."site above cause no one was here for awile...

Had a good weigh-in this week..

159.0...down from 160.8 last week..slow progress but progress none the less!

Have added in regular exercise..and I'm noticing some changes in body shape as well!

Love this!

Keep the motivation coming!!

Archived