celebrity summit beverage pkg

sunnidaze7

We will be travelling on the Celebrity Summit next Jan. It will be our first cruise and we are looking forward to it. We have an aft cabin on deck 11 and hope that this is a great location for first time cruisers. We are considering opting for the stateroom bar pkg instead of the daily pkg.

Has anyone used this option and if so do you feel it was more economical.

I am not a drinker, but my husband believes he would enjoy his drinks on our balcony in the evening after we have had our dinner and a drink with dinner. If he opted for the premium pkg can he have drinks brought to our cabin.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as this is all new to us.

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic

There are many, many threads on the package -- but my advice to the first time cruiser would be to skip buying a package ahead of time and see how much you actually are consuming on board -- then on the second or third day if you feel that it would be worth it, you can purchase a package for the remaining days.

Room service is not included in the package. You are free to buy a drink at a bar and bring it back to your room to enjoy it there, however.

Take some time and scroll down the list of threads and read the many posts about the drink packages. Most seem to feel that unless you consume at least 5 or more alcohol-based drinks a day, plus drink a lot of soda and bottled water, that the premium package is not worth it. Room service drinks are NOT included in any package, so if that's what your husband wants to do, it's probably not worth the drinks package, unless he wants to walk down to a bar and bring the drink back to your cabin .

Our cabin is right above the sunset bar, which could be maybe a little tooo handy for getting his drinks for our room LOL

Hoping these cabins won't be too noisy. The TA said the bar usually closes

around 11:00 pm to clean up for the night and move the crowds indoors.

Any one have any pros on cons on this location.

Linda

... my advice to the first time cruiser would be to skip buying a package ahead of time and see how much you actually are consuming on board -- then on the second or third day if you feel that it would be worth it, you can purchase a package for the remaining days....

I agree 100% with cruisestich's advice!

As to the stateroom bar setup: The price on this is reasonable IF your husband would normally drink in the cabin enough to consume an entire liter of liquor during your cruise. Otherwise it might be more economical to occasionally bring a drink back from a bar or purchase an occasional drink from room service or the mini bar. Note that room service beverage costs are the same price as purchasing a beverage from elsewhere on the ship. So the only additional cost to room service is waiting for it to arrive. Minibar pricing is comparable as well. If you do use the mini-bar let your cabin steward know so they can quickly restock it for you. If there is some contents of the mini bar that you prefer they will also put extra of that in the inventory for you.

You should also be aware that you are allowed to bring on board 2 bottles of wine per cabin. There is a corkage fee of $25/bottle if you choose to bring the wine to the dining room for consumption but there is no additional cost to enjoy this in your cabin. Your cabin steward will be happy to provide appropriate glasses, openers and to chill the wine on ice for you on request.

We will be on Deck 11 on the Millennium in August. I plan on just walking down the stairs to the bar and bringing up our drinks. I did purchase the premium package, if you like martinis and nice wine you don't need 5 drinks a day. I worked out 2 martinis before dinner, wine with dinner and after dinner drink will more than make up my package.

We will be travelling on the Celebrity Summit next Jan. It will be our first cruise and we are looking forward to it. We have an aft cabin on deck 11 and hope that this is a great location for first time cruisers. We are considering opting for the stateroom bar pkg instead of the daily pkg.

Has anyone used this option and if so do you feel it was more economical.

I am not a drinker, but my husband believes he would enjoy his drinks on our balcony in the evening after we have had our dinner and a drink with dinner. If he opted for the premium pkg can he have drinks brought to our cabin.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as this is all new to us.

Thanks

Dont believe you will need a bar package in your room to enjoy a drink on your balcony since a bar package will give you full access to what for all intents and purposes is your own private bar just down a short flight of exterior steps as depicted here..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32807604&postcount=3

Personally speaking thats exactly how ill be spending my time next month...:D

Our cabin is right above the sunset bar, which could be maybe a little tooo handy for getting his drinks for our room LOL

Hoping these cabins won't be too noisy. The TA said the bar usually closes

around 11:00 pm to clean up for the night and move the crowds indoors.

Any one have any pros on cons on this location.

Linda

We will be on the Summit, aft cabin, deck 11, in 3 weeks.

I have worked out a plan to get drinks from the bar down below:

RopeBucket.jpg

I'll let 'ya know how it worked out. :)

We will be on the Summit, aft cabin, deck 11, in 3 weeks.

I have worked out a plan to get drinks from the bar down below:

RopeBucket.jpg

I'll let 'ya know how it worked out. :)

We are on deck 9 corner wrap around and we figure this will work for us too.We will be on Summit in 4 weeks so after you get the bartenders used to this,it should be smooth sailing for us.Of course,we will tip extra.LOL

Laura

We are on deck 9 corner wrap around and we figure this will work for us too.We will be on Summit in 4 weeks so after you get the bartenders used to this,it should be smooth sailing for us.Of course,we will tip extra.LOL

Laura

If you are on deck 9 then perhaps this is what you need:

il_170x135305510201.jpg

:)

Archived