Noordam SC 5190 and a price drop!

luvmyjrt

We booked the 11 Day Southern Caribbean Wayfarer while onboard the Eurodam on the 3/24 sailing. (Personally, the vibrations were barely noticeable to me!). Anyway, we originally booked cabin 7071 (SA). After checking HAL's website this morning, I noticed a nearly $2000 reduction in price. I called HAL and had our price adjusted and changed rooms to a beloved aft cabin like we had on the Eurodam. I checked Joanie's photos but couldn't find 5190. Can anyone provide some photos?

Moral of the story, after you put down a deposit, check prices weekly! Hope this saves others some $!

Good suggestion! Have been checking every day for the past week & still wondering if the R.T. Ft. . Lauderdale on the Prinsendam next Jan will drop in price, but think not..;)

Oh well, have till May 31 to book it & receive the early booking amenities..

I'm ambivalent about spending so many days on board, but DH seems to have his heart set on it..If HAL would only agree to let us take our Pup along, I probably would not hesitate.. But she's getting old & makes us feel so guilty even when were out for only a few hours..:(

Betty

Betty, we know what you mean about leaving a family member. We always regret putting our Schnauzer in the Spa but she loves our vet and all the people there but we still feel bad about it and always good to see her when we return.

So, you changed from the SA category to SC category and that is why the price dropped?

According to HAL it was a price change but I love aft suites so I'm thrilled! SA and SC are both deluxe verandah suites, but the SC is a wrap around aft.

Maybe someone else has a better explanation.

Your explanation was just fine.

I have always heard the SC aft suites are very nice and a friend had a wine party and invited us last year to theirs on the Westerdam. We were only in a SY but we love them for the value too.

We booked the 11 Day Southern Caribbean Wayfarer while onboard the Eurodam on the 3/24 sailing. (Personally, the vibrations were barely noticeable to me!). Anyway, we originally booked cabin 7071 (SA). After checking HAL's website this morning, I noticed a nearly $2000 reduction in price. I called HAL and had our price adjusted and changed rooms to a beloved aft cabin like we had on the Eurodam. I checked Joanie's photos but couldn't find 5190. Can anyone provide some photos?

Moral of the story, after you put down a deposit, check prices weekly! Hope this saves others some $!

While I've not gotten around to uploading my photos from SC 5191 up yet (working on others photos first) I do have 5191, which is the same, just mirror image: http://abqreunion2008.com/Noordam/Deck-5.html Only drawback for me on this ship only was the Wind Tunnel Effect while Southbound in the Caribbean which made the side verandah unusable while underway.

Joanie

While I've not gotten around to uploading my photos from SC 5191 up yet (working on others photos first) I do have 5191, which is the same, just mirror image: http://abqreunion2008.com/Noordam/Deck-5.html Only drawback for me on this ship only was the Wind Tunnel Effect while Southbound in the Caribbean which made the side verandah unusable while underway.

Joanie

Joanie, thank you for the photos! You certainly take care of all the CC'ers! Honestly, on the Eurodam we rarely used the side verandah so I think we will be fine. It certainly looks as though the wake is farther away though than on the Eurodam.

Archived