Book onboard the same cruise if currently have same reservation?

Shooraq

So here's a question:

Say you book a cruise at home. Then when you go on a cruise, you are able to get a cheaper price or more OBC (the current Captain's Club promotion). Can you actually book another cabin and then cancel your previous reservation afterwards? Or do you have to cancel your previous reservation first before booking a new one onboard? I do not need to keep the same cabin, so that isn't a concern.

My scenario: booked the Infinity British Isles for May 2013 because I wasn't sure if the cabin prices would increase. Am going on the Equinox in one month and can get the OBC for both the Early Booking Bonus and the standard Captain's Club. If the prices are still good, do I need to cancel my reservation before or after meeting with the booking agent onboard the Equinox?

Thanks for your help in this!

I once did exactly this. As long as you're outside the final payment date, you'll be fine. The only issue is that the on-board rep will not be able to get you into the room you have already selected for your initial booking since it will - of course - not show as available. However, when you later call Celebrity to cancel the initial booking, they should be able to move you into those rooms UNLESS, someone else has placed themselves on a wait list for those rooms.

Also, if you have some type of on board credit on your initial booking, that is tied to the booking number, it will not be able to be transferred to the new booking.

Harris

Denver, CO

I once did exactly this. As long as you're outside the final payment date, you'll be fine. The only issue is that the on-board rep will not be able to get you into the room you have already selected for your initial booking since it will - of course - not show as available. However, when you later call Celebrity to cancel the initial booking, they should be able to move you into those rooms UNLESS, someone else has placed themselves on a wait list for those rooms.

Also, if you have some type of on board credit on your initial booking, that is tied to the booking number, it will not be able to be transferred to the new booking.

Harris

Denver, CO

You are my hero.

The cruise is definitely not after final payment because it is in 2013! I just wanted to book it because I've had the experience of a cruise jumping $100s a month after it first came out because the price was too good to be true.

I have no attachment to the room I booked since it is the cheapest inside room. I have no problem losing the OBC because I will get the same OBC plus another one when I book onboard. So it seems that this will work out perfectly! Thank you so much for your response! :D

You are my hero.

The cruise is definitely not after final payment because it is in 2013! I just wanted to book it because I've had the experience of a cruise jumping $100s a month after it first came out because the price was too good to be true.

I have no attachment to the room I booked since it is the cheapest inside room. I have no problem losing the OBC because I will get the same OBC plus another one when I book onboard. So it seems that this will work out perfectly! Thank you so much for your response! :D

I've been considering what to do as I have a similar situation. I like the look of a couple of cruises next year and wanted to book whilst on board Brilliance in early June. However, there is now the Captain's Club promotion? Do I wait until on board or book before and receive the CC OBC but with possibly higher cruise prices? Unfortunately, I can't do both and cancel as you are doing because under UK terms, I'll lose all the deposits. What's even more frustrating is that I've got a next cruise certificate for RCI which I can't use for a Celebrity sailing and I know this current CC promotion is combinable with a next cruise passages. Do I wait and take the risk or book now :confused:?

I am cruising in a few weeks. I also have a deposit on an October cruise. Can I get the OBC added to my booking? I really like the cabin location on my October cruise. How much is the OBC when you book while on a cruise? Maybe, it isn't enough to make me rebook and loose the cabin location.

Archived