Live from the Crown

RhondaPerr

How's the coffee? Do I really need a coffee card?

How's the coffee?

Ask ten people to get ten opinions.

Some people like the no-extra-charge coffee which is prepared from a syrup. This is served in the restaurants, the buffet, and by room service. Some people say they hate it and some say they tolerate it. Some say it tastes better in the restaurants than in the buffet.

Some people like the fresh brewed which is available paying by the cup at some bars or at no extra charge with the coffee card. Some people say it is worse than the coffee prepared from syrup.

So, to answer your question, try the no-extra-charge coffee first. If you do not mind it, no need to purchase the coffee card just for thye brewed coffee.

However, if you like specialty coffees such as cappuccino, then you will save money if you buy a coffee card which includes 15 specialty coffees. The specialty coffees are available by paying by the cup or with a punch on the coffee card, both at the bars that serve the specialty coffees and at the restaurants.

Another beautiful day! Not much Of a breeze today and Hot! HOT! HOT! It's hard to believe that tomOrrow is the last day! This week has gone so fast! I really do not have many complaints! This was my second time on the crown! The crew is super friendly except for the boutiques! Not all the boutiques but at least two! Snarkie for no reason! Kind Of makes you feel that you are bothering them! That is a minor thing but will get a comment! Overall I will be writing a glowing review! Tomorrow is my birthday do we are dining in Sabatinis! It is also Pop Choir performance! I have to say it has been a lot Of fun!

Thanks for the "scoop" on the sanctuary. When we sailed in 2010 the secret was not out yet and we easily reserved 4 chairs for the week.

We will be sailing again in April 2013 on the Ruby. I've informed my husband to wear his running shoes on embarkation so he can fly up those stairs to the sanctuary ;)

The sanctuary is $140 pp for the week! In one hour I will be singing and dancing in the piazza! I do not drink but this might be a good time to start lol! I am having an amazing birthday on board! They had the outlet sale in the dining room! Omg! It looked like a feeding frenzy! There was nothing that was going to make me participate! It is so hard to believe that the cruise is almost over! All packed and ready for a weekend in Florida!

What an incredible day! The crowd for pop choir was huge! We did a good job! My birthday dinner at Sabatinis was beyond wonderful! We are all packed and NOT ready to go! Another perk of the suite, we can still get room service tomorrow! I will write a full review sometime next week, but anyone sailing On the Crown is in for a great experience!

Son of a witch....we got upgraded to a suite on the Crown a few weeks ago and I had no idea that suite passengers could order room service on debarkation day! We only found out about our upgrade a few days in advance so I didn't have time to research all the perks....I'm bummed that we missed out on enjoying one last breakfast on our awesome balcony! lol. Glad you had a great cruise - time to start saving for the next one! :p

Rhonda enjoying your live review, just a few questions, was the dining room open for lunch on the first day and was it open for lunch before getting into Curacuoa(?). Are you doing Anytime Dining if so how long is the wait time for around 7-7:30 pm?

I just got off the Crown yesterday as well and can help answer these questions.

No dining rooms were open on embarkation day. Nothing in the patter and even checked a few of the dining rooms but had no luck.

Lunch was available in the Da Vinci Dining Room before arriving to Curacao.

If any others have questions please let me know :)

I just got off the Crown yesterday as well and can help answer these questions.

No dining rooms were open on embarkation day. Nothing in the patter and even checked a few of the dining rooms but had no luck.

Lunch was available in the Da Vinci Dining Room before arriving to Curacao.

If any others have questions please let me know :)

CandaBunny wrote this in her review:

"We dropped our carry-on bags in our cabin, then had lunch in the main dining room – I believe it was DaVinci. The doors of the dining room were closed and there was someone standing outside who asked us if he could help us. When I told him that I was looking for lunch in the dining room, he opened the door and let us in. I definitely got the impression that if we had said something less direct, he might have referred us to the buffet. Once inside, there were only a few passengers in the dining room. Lunch was delicious – DH had filet mignon and I had salmon. "

Hope this can be done on Saturday.:D

Thanks for your reply.

Archived