What can I do from the balcony?

gonzo1124

I want to do some fishing out of my balcony, (taking my George Foreman Jr. to cook the "catch"). Also taking my mountain climbing gear to do some ship balcony climbing activities. Question: if I'm naked on my balcony, can others see me?

I'm open for any other suggestions...

Thanks!

;)

I would start off by hanging a banner from my balcony featuring that great motto inscribed on the New Hampshire licence plate....

LIVE FREE OR DIE

My sentiment EXACTLY

See thread titled Message boards and abbreviations....

Those would fall under the

WTT Wound too tight

TTTS Takes things too seriously.....

:D;)

All the WTTs and TTTS just went "that's not funny" with a :mad:! :D

Derek

Yet, you felt compelled to respond. :rolleyes: :confused:

I've always wanted to fly my stunt kite from an aft veranda while at speed. I probably won't try it, though.

Tim, you could fly it from your balcony and I will fly my kite from our balcony when we both cruise to Alaska next year. Think of the beautiful photos. We will just need to make sure that our kite colors don't clash with each other. Don't want to spoil the photos or videos that might be taken. Maybe we could get Kellie & Hal to also bring kites ... OR we could let others on the ship know and set a world record for the largest number of kites flown from the aft wrap-around balconies ... :D I bet we could convince HAL to carry kites in their gift shop so all could participate that wanted too.

On a serious note ... I had read that the ships use to actually fly kites from the aft. They did it as a special event during a cruise. I've never seen it done before. It probably encouraged too many people to try it from their balconies. ;)

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=308

Katarina shares many things in common with large ocean-going cruise ships: a high priority on service and comfort, an attentive cruise staff, and an emphasis on food quality and convivial dining. River cruises differ from conventional cruises in several ways. Instead of typical onboard entertainment, expect lectures on the geography and history of the river being sailed, as well as culture-based activities and entertainment. (In Katarina's case there is a "river lecturer," and a cruise staffer who is designated "kite master," who teaches about kite construction and flying and takes passengers to the top deck to actually fly kites from the moving ship.)

Tim, you could fly it from your balcony and I will fly my kite from our balcony when we both cruise to Alaska next year. Think of the beautiful photos. We will just need to make sure that our kite colors don't clash with each other. Don't want to spoil the photos or videos that might be taken. Maybe we could get Kellie & Hal to also bring kites ... OR we could let others on the ship know and set a world record for the largest number of kites flown from the aft wrap-around balconies ... :D I bet we could convince HAL to carry kites in their gift shop so all could participate that wanted too.

On a serious note ... I had read that the ships use to actually fly kites from the aft. They did it as a special event during a cruise. I've never seen it done before. It probably encouraged too many people to try it from their balconies. ;)

I just had to do a search via Google for Kite Flying from a Cruise Ship..... I clicked on Images and there was one of a gentleman with a Kite at the aft Lido railing area. So I clicked on the link and found this (WITH PHOTOS!!!) :eek::eek:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=632293

Joanie

Joanie, that is tremendous! :D I predicted to myself before I even looked at the thread that there would be several posts admonishing such childish, abhorrent and dangerous behavior. I was right. When did people forget how to have fun?

I am going back to Alaska this June-July I was wondering if I jumped off the ship and swam to a ice burg for some ice and take pictures of it and sea life plus the ship passing me by would the ship wait for me to swim back and pick me up. <EG>

Mary

Joanie, that is tremendous! :D I predicted to myself before I even looked at the thread that there would be several posts admonishing such childish, abhorrent and dangerous behavior. I was right. When did people forget how to have fun?

I know, right?????

We bring aboard clay pots, soil and plug trays to grow "special" plants. We book longer cruises/B2Bs specifically so the plants come to fruition, and we sell them while we stop in Jamaica.

It funds our next cruise. :)

Isn't that carrying coals to Newcastle?

I had to make sure the OP was not serious and meant it all in fun before I posted to it jokingly. One to many spanks and you tend to look out for what you post anymore:(

I am glad to see that it was asked in the jesting way that I thought it was and am happy to add to the fun:D:D

Joanie

Bring along a tent and sleep out there. Or, drop small random items (like paper clips) and watch them get suctioned back into the balconies below. Or get one of those monkey swings for kids and hang it from the balcony above....spin it around for hours of fun. Then at night, you can build a campfire and make smores.

If your balcony is above the lifeboats, I'm sure it would be very simple to just climb over your balcony and explore the boats (I hear they even have snacks). In fact, I can't imagine that this hasn't been done before. Wonder how the crew would deal with that?

The very best balconies must be the "cove" balconies on the newer Carnival ships, which are right at water level. If I had one of those and the ship was docked at Half Moon Cay on a beautiful sunny day, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from floating to the beach on my deck chair and staying there.....

I want to do some fishing out of my balcony, (taking my George Foreman Jr. to cook the "catch"). Also taking my mountain climbing gear to do some ship balcony climbing activities. Question: if I'm naked on my balcony, can others see me?

Thanks!

;)

If you are comfortable with it and you do not cause anyone else stress go for it. However, being naked on your balcony could cause you to be arrested in some countries.

Thanks!

;)

Grilling while naked has it's own risks... maybe pack a metal apron, some burn salve, and thus plan accordingly.

Repelling off the side of the ship is yet another option. At speed, that could be quite a thrill. I know someone water skied off the back of a cruise ship but from the balcony that might be a bit difficult. But then, if danger is your middle name... more power to ya. :D

Archived