What can I do from the balcony?

gonzo1124

I want to do some fishing out of my balcony, (taking my George Foreman Jr. to cook the "catch"). Also taking my mountain climbing gear to do some ship balcony climbing activities. Question: if I'm naked on my balcony, can others see me?

I'm open for any other suggestions...

Thanks!

;)

You can fly through the air with the greatest of ease, . .

trapeze.jpg.b09a6a579c6c7c03ee93ebced27a6c38.jpg

We bring aboard clay pots, soil and plug trays to grow "special" plants. We book longer cruises/B2Bs specifically so the plants come to fruition, and we sell them while we stop in Jamaica.

It funds our next cruise. :)

Bungee jumping from the side balconies, especially if you have a cabin on a high deck. Great watching the expressions of surprise on the faces of those you pass on the way down and back up, especially the nudists.

Water skiing in the wake is always fun when you have a balcony on the stern.

Then there are those who persist in feeding the birds from their balcony, a proven way to draw the wrath of all your neighbors.

If you dislike waiting for tenders at tender ports and are a good swimmer, you just hop over the balcony railing and swim ashore. If not a good swimmer, be sure to wear your life jacket when you do this. Either way, you will attract a lot of attention from the crew so be sure to swim very quickly.

Another good way to provide entertainment for your neighbors is to engage in loud arguments with your roommate out on the balcony.

For teens who are into gymnastics and need to practice their balance, a standard exercise is to walk back and forth on the balcony railing with arms extended.

Variations to prevent boredom include doing it with arms raised overhead or blindfolded, or even hopping on one foot.

P.S. But regardless of one's age, it is not advisable to do this if your mother is watching or after consuming more than 3 alcoholic beverages.

I thought to add this addendum after seeing the thread about Surprising Mom with balcony upgrade! That would add more of a surprise than Mom would want, unless you have been thoughtful enough also to purchase some of the special plants from sppunk as an added surprise for Mom.

I want to do some fishing out of my balcony, (taking my George Foreman Jr. to cook the "catch"). Also taking my mountain climbing gear to do some ship balcony climbing activities. Question: if I'm naked on my balcony, can others see me?

Thanks!

;)

Oooooh, what cruise are you on? I wanna come watch......:D:D

Bungee jumping from the side balconies, especially if you have a cabin on a high deck. Great watching the expressions of surprise on the faces of those you pass on the way down and back up, especially the nudists.

Then there are those who persist in feeding the birds from their balcony, a proven way to draw the wrath of all your neighbors.

If you dislike waiting for tenders at tender ports and are a good swimmer, you just hop over the balcony railing and swim ashore. If not a good swimmer, be sure to wear your life jacket when you do this. Either way, you will attract a lot of attention from the crew so be sure to swim very quickly.

Another good way to provide entertainment for your neighbors is to engage in loud arguments with your roommate out on the balcony.

For teens who are into gymnastics and need to practice their balance, a standard exercise is to walk back and forth on the balcony railing with arms extended.

Variations to prevent boredom include doing it with arms raised overhead or blindfolded, or even hopping on one foot.

P.S. But regardless of one's age, it is not advisable to do this if your mother is watching or after consuming more than 3 alcoholic beverages.

I thought to add this addendum after seeing the thread about Surprising Mom with balcony upgrade! That would add more of a surprise than Mom would want, unless you have been thoughtful enough also to purchase some of the special plants from sppunk as an added surprise for Mom.

I giggled all the way through that one - especially watching the surprised faces as you go by bungee jumping, and feeding the birds from your balcony lol

Wonderful suggestions:D:D.

Thanks!

;)

The only reason we get a balcony is to hang the laundry we do in the tub! We bring lots of little clothes pins, and some fishing line to hang clothes on. Then, you could use the fishing line to catch fresh dinner. If you take it to the ship chefs to cook, you will have the freshest fish onboard. You might need to bring your own wine too, but it would be worth the $18 corkage fee!

pretty good post Gonzo. have a great time!

ML

PS: Don't forget to bring a really long extension cord/power strip to use outside--no outlet on balcony!!

I've always thought that late-night fireworks from the balcony is a thoughtful way of letting my neighbors know I'm thinking of them :D

If you forget fireworks there's sure to be a few signal flares available.... ( likely Statendams "anchorman" knows the location)

Don't forget to being your boombox and a fine selection of Judy Garland and Broadway show tunes to share with your neighbors as they relax on their balconies. And make sure the boombox is loud enough for the whole side of the ship to get a good ear full. They will love you so much, they will come looking for you to express their gratitude. :p

(yes, this did happen... we still giggle about it and thankfully it stopped after the first sea day)

If your spouse snores pick a balcony cabin close to the lifeboats

He can sleep in the lifeboat

Those of you thinking he could sleep on the balcony, get real

Do you really want to listen to his snoring when you go out for morning coffee

If your spouse snores pick a balcony cabin close to the lifeboats

He can sleep in the lifeboat

Those of you thinking he could sleep on the balcony, get real

Do you really want to listen to his snoring when you go out for morning coffee

Actually... the thermal suite is the designated snoring zone on the ship. The acoustics are awesome!! :p

Couldn't resist adding some of my thoughts too ... the thead has created many smiles today I'm sure.

I thought it would be fun to bring a beautiful kite to fly off our aft balcony on the ship. :D

Then maybe some water balloons too to toss down the the uncovered decks below. :eek:

Wouldn't the balcony be the perfect place to hang a clothesline and dry our clothes if we did any hand washing.

OR ??????

So nice that the cruiselines are so agreeable to allow guests to do such fun things on the balconies.

Being an OSD, (Old Sea Dog), I would like to see everyone with a balcony bring a cannon, powder, and shot, 12 pounders should do, on board.:confused: Just think we could attack and plunder all of the other cruise ships we meet, except HAL’s. This would pay for all of our future cruises.:rolleyes:

We could even fly the Jolly Roger, instead of the Flag of the Netherlands. :D

Just a though from an OSD.:eek:

Are! Those were the days.

Don't forget that once you're in port to use your 3 person sling shot with 1 person.

Affix the shot's sides to your balcony railing and man that shot to send some gravity assisted goodness to the folks on land. Those folks'll have a cruise souvenir and they didn't even go on the cruise! You'll be GOD like delivering presents from above! Give 'em TV for sure!

Just an off topic question why are so many apt to :( 'round here than :D? I don't get it. :confused:

Derek

Just an off topic question why are so many apt to :( 'round here than :D? I don't get it. :confused:

Derek

My sentiment EXACTLY

See thread titled Message boards and abbreviations....

Those would fall under the

WTT Wound too tight

TTTS Takes things too seriously.....

:D;)

Archived