Celebrity Eclipse - Have I made a mistake?

Jimmys Chippy

Please don't worry about the Eclipse, we are in our 40's and loved the ship and will be going on her again in August. Some people are just determined not to have a good time. I feel sorry for her 'sweetheart'.

We are too on the Eclipse again in August, what a great ship :)

My favorite part of the review is where she says: "It seems Celebrity cruises are for people who have not been exposed to Theatre, Modern Cultural events or music or access to food on a regular basis." Wow, I guess she got our numbers.

Seriously folks, doesn't this review just scream "cultured" and "classy" to you? Even if you haven't ever been on a 4-hour gambling cruise to nowhere.:rolleyes:

No, that review screams "I am holier than though snob" mimosa-hater :D

By the way, if you click on the name, this is the only post.

We have sailed on the Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse and have a TA scheduled for November on the Silhouette. We love the S class ships. The food and service have been fantastic!

There will always be a few that don't like it, but as others have stated, a vast majority of reviewers love the ship. The S class ships are constantly being voted tops in the large ship category.

My first Celebrity cruise is fast approaching but, having read this concise review, have I done the right thing?

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=100622

I don't think it's going to be the extended four hour gambling cruise I was hoping for.

It's like SSSOOO totally LAME...Like REALLLYYY. Like isn't it just so UNBELIEEEVABLE to think that not EEEVERYONE is like such a spoiled rotten, ignorant, whiny little twit like me...OMG:p

Have a GREAT time on your cruise and be thankfull you are a mature adult with enough intellegence and experience to be thankfull!:)

I think that review was a spoof. Like the cruise equivalent of the movie "Spinal Tap." Have a laugh and then enjoy your cruise on the Eclipse worry free. The review wasn't meant to be taken seriously!

I have to agree with dln929

My favorite part of the review is where she says: "It seems Celebrity cruises are for people who have not been exposed to Theatre, Modern Cultural events or music or access to food on a regular basis." Wow, I guess she got our numbers.

Seriously folks, doesn't this review just scream "cultured" and "classy" to you? Even if you haven't ever been on a 4-hour gambling cruise to nowhere.:rolleyes:

Yes!

Tricia, my thoughts exactly. I just feel so culturally deprived never having done a 4 hour gambling cruise to nowhere. OMG, sheesh!

And Yes!

These were both my thoughts exactly

There are some people who will never be pleased no matter what. Usually those people treat others badly too, and always wonder why they don't have a good time, or get less than perfect service?

I was on one of the first cruises on her back in 2010. Amazing. We are travelling on her again from 04/05/12 around the fjords. Last minute booking and this time we just have an outside with window rather than AQ. The difference is over £1000 so it will be interesting to compare the differences. Clearly if money was no object then we would still go AQ but that is a lot of difference. Anyhow I love Eclipse. We found plenty to do and it will be nice to just relax

ROTFLMAO! Oh, man, thanks for pointing me to that review. I just got off the Solstice and DW and I (39,40) are still talking about how X got it right in just about every aspect from ship design, to decor, to service, to food, to activities. Don't worry, you made a good choice. If you decide you don't want to go, I will gladly trade places with you. ;)

Archived