Celebrity Eclipse - Have I made a mistake?

Jimmys Chippy

Seriously, your enjoyment of any cruise is up to you. You research the ship and line as much as possible before booking. It's pretty apparent that the cruiser in the review did no research at all.

There's nothing wrong with the ship. It's all about expectations. The cruiser who did the review must not indulge in fine dining establishments much. The waiter laying the napkin on your lap is expected and they are trained to do that. Celebrity cruises are relaxed. They tend to attact an older crowd. Older cruisers can be a lot of fun if you give them a chance.

I was on he Eclipse March 9th for our first ever cruise and we LOVED it. Obviously this person did not, but over 90% of reviewers love this ship so don't worry, you will have a wonderfull time!

I cannot take a review seriously filled with "OMG", "wannabe" and "seesh".:rolleyes:

And you know you are dealing with someone not quite right when they complain about waiters placing your napkin in your lap for you.

Would you seriously rely on one review from someone you don't

even know? If there were 10 similar reviews, that's a whole different

ballgame. The Eclipse and Silhouette are the nicest ships on which I have ever sailed. This review cannot be legit........even complaining about a

welcoming glass of champagne (mimosa)

My favorite part of the review is where she says: "It seems Celebrity cruises are for people who have not been exposed to Theatre, Modern Cultural events or music or access to food on a regular basis." Wow, I guess she got our numbers.

Seriously folks, doesn't this review just scream "cultured" and "classy" to you? Even if you haven't ever been on a 4-hour gambling cruise to nowhere.:rolleyes:

How could you even take such juvenile, practically illiterate and definitely incomprehensible ramblings seriously?

We were on the Eclipse in January and it was beautiful. I thought the Entertainment was perfectly fine (although thats not why I cruise) the food was good, the staff were friendly and helpful.

The cruise I was on was nothing like that review. Nothing!

That review was just nuts. I just came off the Eclipse week before last and we loved everything about it. Service, entertainment, food and the the ship itself. Don't worry, have a great time.

I think that review was a spoof. Like the cruise equivalent of the movie "Spinal Tap." Have a laugh and then enjoy your cruise on the Eclipse worry free. The review wasn't meant to be taken seriously!

My sister is on Eclipse right now and has texted me several times about how wonderful everything is, how great a time she's having, how great the food is, the excursions, etc.

She's an experienced traveller, and is diamond/elite. She has sailed a number of lines, and likes all sorts of things. I have sailed this ship with her for a short 3 nighter and loved it. Too bad my young kids wouldn't or I'd be on her like white on rice.

Seriously, you'll love her.

Wow, I was reading that review you posted up. I couldn't believe that this ship had the same entertainment when I was on. It sounded like my cruise. Then, I looked at the date and they were on around the same time frame. I didn't see anything peeling off the ship. In fact, the ship was in perfect shape and looked brand new. I do think the entertainment was a little repetitive since they played it twice, but otherwise the ship was amazing and the crew was wonderful. I've seen the cirque shows before and they are still fun to watch, but I don't really come for the entertainment. I liked the Celine Dion impersonator and I watched it twice I think. The accapella group was my favorite. I don't know about you but, I'm used to the waiters pushing in the chairs for you and putting your napkin on your lap.

Oh, and the cruise director Mike I really enjoyed it. I know some people don't like him. He did emphasize the Celebrity Life activities a lot and he is the most involved cruise director that I noticed on any Celebrity cruise. I saw a few kids onboard the ship, but it really depends on the length of the cruise. When I was on the 11 night cruise, they did all have white hair mostly. The 7 night cruises have a younger crowd then say the 14 night cruises. I loved the comedian, Louis Johnson. I saw a repeat performance though and wish I saw two different performances. Try his website: http://www.comedianlouisjohnson.com/ I still remember it from the last day of the being onboard. :( I really want to go back soon.

My first Celebrity cruise is fast approaching but, having read this concise review, have I done the right thing?

:rolleyes:

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=100622

I don't think it's going to be the extended four hour gambling cruise I was hoping for.

Please don't worry, you will love the Eclipse, we sailed on her this past February (also our first time with Celebrity) beautiful, well appointed ship, if someone doesn't love this cruise it is their own fault, (speaking of the "reviewer")

My favorite part of the review is where she says: "It seems Celebrity cruises are for people who have not been exposed to Theatre, Modern Cultural events or music or access to food on a regular basis." Wow, I guess she got our numbers.

Seriously folks, doesn't this review just scream "cultured" and "classy" to you? Even if you haven't ever been on a 4-hour gambling cruise to nowhere.:rolleyes:

Tricia, my thoughts exactly. I just feel so culturally deprived never having done a 4 hour gambling cruise to nowhere. OMG, sheesh!

Like the majority of people I think the Eclipse is an amazing ship. However I am shocked at the reaction of people just because someone disliked the Eclipse. You know not everyone agrees, that is their opinion, let them have it even if they are in the minority. Back to the topic at hand, it is up to the individual to find things to do and entertain ones self on a cruise. If you like interaction there are plenty of chances to meet and chat to others. If you like to chill, take a book/kindle/ipad/laptop/etc. Take a tour, sit by the bar. Go to a talk, take part in a quiz. There are things to do.

Like the majority of people I think the Eclipse is an amazing ship. However I am shocked at the reaction of people just because someone disliked the Eclipse. You know not everyone agrees, that is their opinion, let them have it even if they are in the minority. Back to the topic at hand, it is up to the individual to find things to do and entertain ones self on a cruise. If you like interaction there are plenty of chances to meet and chat to others. If you like to chill, take a book/kindle/ipad/laptop/etc. Take a tour, sit by the bar. Go to a talk, take part in a quiz. There are things to do.

I think the reaction is because this person is not living in reality. It is summed up best in the previous post about complaining because the waiter put a napkin on her lap. When someone complains about that then you know they are clueless. By the way, I did not like the cirque show, fell asleep twice, but that is me.

The poster does seem to be very unhappy and I have witnessed a lot of unjustified complaints. However sometimes complaining is required to remedy a situation that has failed expectation. I had a waiter accidentally splash a ladle of soup all over my white shirt. Now I know it was an accident and the waiter apologized profusely. However he should have called over the maitre'd and who should have offered to have the shirt cleaned. Instead I had to take it up with the matre'd and then with guest relations because he didn't want to be bothered with it.

That review was so funny. Obviously written by someone either with a grudge or looking for 'compensation' for no reason at all. Don't you just hate it when PEOPLE WRITE IN UPPERCASE TO TRY TO MAKE A POINT??

Please don't worry about the Eclipse, we are in our 40's and loved the ship and will be going on her again in August. Some people are just determined not to have a good time. I feel sorry for her 'sweetheart'.

We were on the Eclipse January7th and will be going out on April 21st on her TA cruise. I have been on three other cruise lines and was completely impressed with the Eclipse. It's like any cruise... things you love, things you like and some things might be just ok. But the boat has something that appeals to everyone. The Eclipse had an incredible inside room ( booked the week of the cruise and that was all that was left and LOVED IT!) that was generous in size and had the nicest bathrooms. Anyone finding fault with her upkeep needs to put their glasses on. We have a concierge balcony and I am sooooooo excited!!!! Definitely go to Bistro on Five... best specialty dining deal anywhere!

Have a great cruise and be your own judge... once you cruise Celebrity... you will be spolied!!!

Archived