AMEX $500 offer

FLchick2

It was extended on April 1 by NCL to "expire" on June 30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for answering my question and providing a courteous response. Haven't been on CC because I was on a cruise last week.

I was hoping “not convertible to cash” meant I couldn’t receive cash for it…..but it could still be placed on my credit card at the end of the cruise.

Oh well…..

If you think your going to have a balance buy a future cruise reward for $250

and get an automatic obc for $100. Do this a couple days before so that you can use up the $100 obc you can even purchase two but remember you can only use one per cabin and you have I think up to 4 years to use them up.

That's a good idea if we have money left. Somehow I think we'll manage to spend it - however, with pre-booking shore excursions on a credit card, we might have some money left over. If so, I figured I'd be buying a couple of NCL t-shirts in the boutique ;-)

If you think your going to have a balance buy a future cruise reward for $250 and get an automatic obc for $100. Do this a couple days before so that you can use up the $100 obc you can even purchase two but remember you can only use one per cabin and you have I think up to 4 years to use them up.

My head is starting to spin between all the different NCL offers! (Ok, yes, that's a good thing)

I can use the $500 from the AMEX Offer to purchase two Future Cruise Rewards for $250?

Thanks in advance!

My head is starting to spin between all the different NCL offers! (Ok, yes, that's a good thing)

I can use the $500 from the AMEX Offer to purchase two Future Cruise Rewards for $250?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, and purchasing the two Freestyle Cruise Rewards will give you an automatic $200 OBC, meaning your net cost will be $300. You will still have $200 remaining from the $500 Amex promotion to spend onboard.

I got the $500 OBC for booking a suite on the Star in August 12. I was hoping that it could be used towards the automatic tips for the crew. Is this not allowed? My husband and I are not big drinkers and doubt that we could use that much money for drinks. It is the first cruise for both of us and I was wondering what you CAN use the OBC for?

Thanks for the help in advance!

I got the $500 OBC for booking a suite on the Star in August 12. I was hoping that it could be used towards the automatic tips for the crew. Is this not allowed? My husband and I are not big drinkers and doubt that we could use that much money for drinks. It is the first cruise for both of us and I was wondering what you CAN use the OBC for?

Thanks for the help in advance!

No, it cannot be used for the automatic service charge. Though other types of OBC sometimes can be, from what others have reported.

EDIT: You can use it for excursions booked through NCL, meals in specialty restaurants, souvenirs and photographs on the ship, etc.

I was hoping that it could be used towards the automatic tips for the crew. Is this not allowed?

No sorry you can't use it toward the DSC - in the fine print the terms state "Onboard credit offer is per stateroom, in U.S. Dollars, is not convertible to cash, is non-transferable and may not be used toward onboard service charges."

Same thing happened to me. I did read the fine print when booking and still totally missed that part, and I was so glad that someone posted that fact here previously = no surprises when checking my account onboard ;)

Thanks for the info. Seems like a silly rules. Good to know you can use it on the excursions and for fine dining. Looks like we will be eating at specialty resturants each night.

Do you know if you can order in room dining from a specialty rest. in a penthouse suite?

Thanks for the info. Seems like a silly rules. Good to know you can use it on the excursions and for fine dining. Looks like we will be eating at specialty resturants each night.

Do you know if you can order in room dining from a specialty rest. in a penthouse suite?

Your butler can bring dinners from any specialty restaurant to your suite. Enjoy!

One more potentially big thing I forgot to suggest: You can use OBC at the spa. Although in my experience cruise ship spas are horrendously overpriced, so you may be throwing a lot of your OBC away.

Archived