Independance - Babysitting??

Off on the Independance soon as was wondering if anyone could offer any advice with regards to babysitting.

I have a 3 year old who can go to the clubs during the day but unsure if there is anything for him in the evenings or what babysitting may be available in cabin or preferable group setting and also costs?

Also I have a child with me who turns 1 on the holiday, as she is booked as a 1 year old (thats what they do if u have a birthday on the ship, you are booked as the age you will be turning which is fine) So would she be able to be babysat??

And is babysitting only at night or also during the day, literally any info u have would be helpful thankyou.

Do not want the children away with babysitters too much but if we could do it a couple of times we might be able to chill in the solarium for a couple of hours or a quiet meal (fingers crossed)

Any advice or info on this would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

Off on the Independance soon as was wondering if anyone could offer any advice with regards to babysitting.

I have a 3 year old who can go to the clubs during the day but unsure if there is anything for him in the evenings or what babysitting may be available in cabin or preferable group setting and also costs?

Also I have a child with me who turns 1 on the holiday, as she is booked as a 1 year old (thats what they do if u have a birthday on the ship, you are booked as the age you will be turning which is fine) So would she be able to be babysat??

And is babysitting only at night or also during the day, literally any info u have would be helpful thankyou.

Do not want the children away with babysitters too much but if we could do it a couple of times we might be able to chill in the solarium for a couple of hours or a quiet meal (fingers crossed)

Any advice or info on this would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

We used in room sitting during the day and at night. The girl who came to the room was wonderful and the kids loved her. We used her at naptime once and twice at dinner to go to a specialty restaurant. In room sitting is ok for any age, I believe. I highly suggest making a beeline to guest services as soon as you board and book your babysitter right then for the entire cruise. We were able to get the same girl that way, and our first choice dates and times. I believe she was $8 per hour, but that was about three years ago. We've cruised no kids ever since - not for any reason other than we wanted an "alone" vacation. As far as Adventure Ocean, it's open late...but I'm not sure if there is an age limit for the evening activities. I'm sure you can find out on the website somewhere.

Have fun!

Oh! We had to pay the sitter in cash. It wasn't able to be added to the SeaPass.

We used in room sitting during the day and at night. The girl who came to the room was wonderful and the kids loved her. We used her at naptime once and twice at dinner to go to a specialty restaurant. In room sitting is ok for any age, I believe. I highly suggest making a beeline to guest services as soon as you board and book your babysitter right then for the entire cruise. We were able to get the same girl that way, and our first choice dates and times. I believe she was $8 per hour, but that was about three years ago. We've cruised no kids ever since - not for any reason other than we wanted an "alone" vacation. As far as Adventure Ocean, it's open late...but I'm not sure if there is an age limit for the evening activities. I'm sure you can find out on the website somewhere.

Have fun!

Oh! We had to pay the sitter in cash. It wasn't able to be added to the SeaPass.

Just to add - in-room sitting is now $19 per hour, but they send two people.

Have fun!

Things have changed in those 3 yrs. Babysitting is now $19 per hour and they send two sitters to your cabin instead of one.

Archived