Location question

butternut1

Hello everyone. We are contemplating a first time cruise on Celebrity Equinox and are trying to determine which deck we should try to get a Deluxe Ocean View Strm Vernda on. On deck 8, we are looking at mid ship 8211 - 8229 area and also looking on deck 9 around midship. Can anyone please tell us which one they would prefer and why? It looks like their are rooms above and below both decks. Any opinions you wouldn't mind sharing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

We had deck 6 obstructed view veranda, it was the second cabin from the back, forget the cabin number, but even though they were obstructed, they were extra large and the only obstruction is that you are unable to look straight down as the roof of the deck below extends outward about another 5 feet. But you hardly noticed, and these are usually the cheapest veranda cabins. Worth it to me.

Hello everyone. We are contemplating a first time cruise on Celebrity Equinox and are trying to determine which deck we should try to get a Deluxe Ocean View Strm Vernda on. On deck 8, we are looking at mid ship 8211 - 8229 area and also looking on deck 9 around midship. Can anyone please tell us which one they would prefer and why? It looks like their are rooms above and below both decks. Any opinions you wouldn't mind sharing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Look at the "sticky" at the top of this section concerning cabins on Solstice ships. It will give you a lot of informations about cabins to choose.

We had deck 6 obstructed view veranda, it was the second cabin from the back, forget the cabin number, but even though they were obstructed, they were extra large and the only obstruction is that you are unable to look straight down as the roof of the deck below extends outward about another 5 feet. But you hardly noticed, and these are usually the cheapest veranda cabins. Worth it to me.

If you could remember the cabin number I would be really grateful.

Odd numbered rooms are port side and the out door smoking area is on deck 5 (I believe you can see from the deck plan where the doors are to the outside on deck 5 ) If you are very sensitive to cigarette smoke book either high up on the port side or stick with the even numbered cabins on the starboard side.

Odd numbered rooms are port side and the out door smoking area is on deck 5 (I believe you can see from the deck plan where the doors are to the outside on deck 5 ) If you are very sensitive to cigarette smoke book either high up on the port side or stick with the even numbered cabins on the starboard side.

Thanks so much for that information. We are actually pretty sensitive to cigarette smoke. We've always liked port side the best. Thanks again!

You would be fine in that area on deck 8. It looks as if the cabins in that area on deck 9 would be a bit more expensive, so I'd stick to deck 8 if that's an issue.

If cost isn't an issue, take a look at 1A cabins on the slant off the hump. The first and third cabins off the hump have very large balconies, the second and fourth have larger than normal balconies. Great location, close to the elevators.

Enjoy your first cruise!

You would be fine in that area on deck 8. It looks as if the cabins in that area on deck 9 would be a bit more expensive, so I'd stick to deck 8 if that's an issue.

If cost isn't an issue, take a look at 1A cabins on the slant off the hump. The first and third cabins off the hump have very large balconies, the second and fourth have larger than normal balconies. Great location, close to the elevators.

Enjoy your first cruise!

Thank you so much Linda. I will definitely check out those cabins... Great information!!

If you could remember the cabin number I would be really grateful.

It was 6301. We never noticed any cigarette smoke, btw. It was a great cabin and an extra large balcony. The Solstice Deck plans show the balcony edge as slanted inward but in actuality the balcony edge is straight across and is the same size as it's neighbor 6303. Also, we got this balcony only a few months out as I think it was a cancellation deadline for the cruise. Good luck!

Archived