Is Flat Iron Steak...

Markmom18

The flat iron is cut from the shoulder, it is NOT sirloin.

Your cooking preference is yours, but I would especially not eat anything from the shoulder rare, that is where the flies like to congregate and they have been thick this year. It's probably more of a 'hang up' for me, but that's what I visualize when I see someone order a rare piece of meat. BTW--I know of no cattle ranchers that order meat rare. But enjoy your beef, pork, or chevron. We need people to eat more beef.

I hope the flies dont congregate in the muscle passed the skin!

Well cattle ranchers dont eat beef carpaccio or tartare i guess?

We've only been on the 1 Carnival cruise, but my husband ordered the Flatiron Steak one night and I ordered it later on in the week. Also one of our tablemates ordered it the same night I did. All 3 were so tough we couldn't eat it, so not certain if I would order it again or not.:confused:

I come from beef country and it appears to be a chuck steak, which is not what I consider a good steak option. They work great when they're cut up and put in stews and the like tho.

Hmm the Flat iron cut really isint a bad cut of beef like most think of it served on Carnival! An earlier post reffered us to wikipedia & its actually more tender then a NY strip or EVEN a ribeye, & is now being offered in upscale establishments, so maybe Carnival is ahead of the game in finding newer cuts of steak for a good price, not just the old traditional ones we know of! Here in vegas some of the top steakhouses offer flat iron as well now? So flame me if you want but if "cooked properly" this is actually a great cut of steak & tender, 2nd with only the tenderloin being more tender according to the NAMP(North American Meat Processor buying guide! I've had it medium on Carnival as well in it was good, need a lil more flavor but none the less!

Found it in our local grocery store, very expensive, even more than ribeye

flat%2520iron%2520steak.jpg?gl=US

If you are paying 7.50 a pound for Flat Iron steak you must be shopping at "Suckers R Us" The butchers must be out in the parking lot laughing their flat iron steaks off.

My local grocery store has a great meat department and i dont think i have ever paid 7.50 a pound for any cut of meat.

If you are paying 7.50 a pound for Flat Iron steak you must be shopping at "Suckers R Us" The butchers must be out in the parking lot laughing their flat iron steaks off.

My local grocery store has a great meat department and i dont think i have ever paid 7.50 a pound for any cut of meat.

Everything here in Northern Virginia is over priced, over crowded, over paid government employees(85K right out of college).

300K++for dense housing 400K++for houses, I so miss SC

Archived