how do you hange items in cabin

Watson's aunt

Go to a hardware store (or Walmart) and look where they have misc hangers. 3M makes a bunch of different hangers with a powerful adhesive that removes easily and does no damage.

We always take several normal hooks. We hang hats, binoculars and things like that. They probably make some kind of clip that can hold your maps.

Good luck!

Hi

I am going to Alaska again on Amsterdam for 14 days. I would like to hang my maps on the walls. I do not want to damage the walls or my maps.

Thanks

Mary

Are your maps small enough to tape onto the inside of the wooden closet doors of your stateroom?

Be careful with sticking items to the walls. On our Last O cruise, the Hotel Manager James Deering was chatting about the self sticking type of vinyl decorations that one can put on windows etc People have been bringing those on board and sticking them on the walls. Unfortunately they discolor the walls, and per the contract for sailing, any damage will be paid for by the occupant of the cabin.

According to Mr Deering, the only way to repair is to have new wall panels brought in, which were quite expensive

I'v always had success with this around the house. The kids would use it in their room's for posters.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/155764-REG/General_Brand_467780_Fun_Tak_Reusable_Adhesive.html/c/product/#inpage:IN STOCK#inpage:Shipping : $

Like Josie, we use a similar product which we purchase at Office Depot or Staples...It's called "Poster tack"..We've been using it for years to put the pics of our grandkids & dogs up on the mirror & door..

You break off a small piece & knead it in your hand until it's soft & pliable...Then you place a small amount on the pic or map & stick it onto a smooth surface..It does not leave a mark on glass or a smooth surface, but it might leave a mark on wallpaper..

As another poser mentioned I would be very careful about putting anything on the wallpaper.. However you will have large pictures in your cabin which have glass on them..They would stick to the glass with no problem..

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/152406/ArtSkills-Poster-Tack-Blue-Pack-Of/.

Suggest you check out the review on this..The reviewer stated it did leave a grease spot on her project & wallpaper..

Enjoy your cruise..Cheers...Betty

Hi

I am going to Alaska again on Amsterdam for 14 days. I would like to hang my maps on the walls. I do not want to damage the walls or my maps.

Thanks Mary

When we were on the Amsterdam we hung our map using putty that is specially for posters, easily removable without leaving marks.

Archived