New to DCL and a few questions for the Pros...

BabyMoon2007

Thank you to everyone for posting the menus! I've been wondering what food options would be. For us boring, meat and potatoe eaters, are there optional, plain menus to choose from? My DH and I will work with whatever's offered, but my mom will have nothing of experimenting. :cool:

Thank you to everyone for posting the menus! I've been wondering what food options would be. For us boring, meat and potatoe eaters, are there optional, plain menus to choose from? My DH and I will work with whatever's offered, but my mom will have nothing of experimenting. :cool:

All the menus have the "lighter fare" option. Usually baked chicken or fish. On some nights steak is also an option.

You can request steamed veggies. Or baked potato. Adults can order off the kids menu, if they want, and kids from the adult menu.

You can mix and match. For example, one menu offering might have the meat you want, but a different offering has the veggies you want. Just ask the server to put the items you want together.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quite impressed with how Disney is offering better selections for the kids menus! We will be on our first disney cruise in the fall and can hardly wait! The menus are much more interesting then some of our recent cruises!

As a new cruiser you might not know what the "drink station" is. Up on the pool deck there are several self serve soda dispensers, water, tea, coffee, milk (i think) & ice available 24 hours a day. However if you order poolside or at a bar there will be a charge plus gratuity. At the bars the soft drinks are canned rather than fountain. In the dining room those things are complimentary but you may have to wait a bit as your beverage host/hostess is usually quit busy.

I've read on other posts about the drink stations. I am trying to get all the knowledge I can before we board the ship. I am very excited and so is our daughter. I am trying to read everything that I can but because we are going on the Dream there seems to be limited info available.

Is there a beverage card? like on other lines? I haven't been able to determine if there will be a formal or semi formal night on the cruise its only 4 days, so I am hoping not.

I've read on other posts about the drink stations. I am trying to get all the knowledge I can before we board the ship. I am very excited and so is our daughter. I am trying to read everything that I can but because we are going on the Dream there seems to be limited info available.

Is there a beverage card? like on other lines? I haven't been able to determine if there will be a formal or semi formal night on the cruise its only 4 days, so I am hoping not.

Do you mean a beverage card for sodas? No. You just get your drinks at the drink station anytime you wish (or at meals). Sodas, as well as other drinks, that you order in the lounges/theatre have a fee.

The 4 night cruise does not have a formal/semi formal night. There is a "dress up optional" night.

Do you have to be a Kid to order from the Kid's Menus? Sometimes I don't find anything I really like on the menu or I'm just looking for something smaller.

Mary Lou

Do you have to be a Kid to order from the Kid's Menus? Sometimes I don't find anything I really like on the menu or I'm just looking for something smaller.

Mary Lou

You may order from whichever menu appeals to you. Adults from kids' menu, kids from adult menu, whatever.

DS ordered the kids menu chicken strips for his appetizer each night, along with entree & desert from the adult menu.

Nice to see someone else going on the same cruise with us!!! I know you are just as excited as we are and its just around the corner. I have been counting down on the calendar since it was 200 days, silly I know but I still did it. You will find all the post from previous cruisers so helpful and sometimes very entertaining. See you on the ship, I will be the one with the biggest smile on my face. And after seeing all these great photo's of the menu's, I am even more excited

Wave phones are free.

Formal nights are 1 in 4 and 2 in 7.

Fridge is cold

Six outlets. 2 on the dresser, 2 next to the bed and 2 in the bathroom.

Just to clarify - on the Magic (and I assume the Wonder also), the only outlets that work for regular items are by the desk. There are no plug ins in the bathroom that work for curling irons, hair dressers etc.... If there are plugs by the beds, they are not easy to find or use.

Not sure about Dream/Fantasy though.

Archived