My Review of Celebrity Silhouette- Feb 22nd to March 5th, 2012

Cruising Forever!

Here's a first: Celebrity contacted me about my review! Wow! What a cool company!:D

I'm not surprised. You made some very good constructive suggestions.

I'm on Silhouette in July. I'll let you know if the alcoves get turned around.

Really?? WOW! What did they say?

They thanked me for the review- they loved it- and discussed some of the things I wrote about. Really cool company.

They actually called me about my comment card when we got back from the cruise, too, but I never got back to them on that call.

I talked to their rep for about 10 minutes.

Cheers,

Paul

I'm not surprised. You made some very good constructive suggestions.

I'm on Silhouette in July. I'll let you know if the alcoves get turned around.

:D

Hopefully they can be spun around... and hopefully Qsine can be made into a great place... and gimme a pool/hot tub round the clock ala Royal! :D

Cheers,

Paul

Can't remember his name' date=' but he was fun![/quote']

he is one of the best. .he has a great friend that is shorter that pored 15 drinks at once last time i cruise the S"class ships.

i also enjoyed Qusine. .guess it is the waiter or chef who makes the differnce.

really looking forward to Reflection next year with family.

Sorry you had such a bad time on Celebrity Eclipse. We definitely plan on cruising on all the Solstice class ships... we loved the two we've been on so far... especially Silhouette. Best Celebrity ship yet!

Cheers' date='

Paul[/quote']

been on 3 and doing a 4th .sorry not flying to NJ...

enjoyed the 3 i was on..

he is one of the best. .he has a great friend that is shorter that pored 15 drinks at once last time i cruise the S"class ships.

i also enjoyed Qusine. .guess it is the waiter or chef who makes the differnce.

really looking forward to Reflection next year with family.

I really want to do Reflection, too! I would want one of those AquaClass Suites (only on Reflection)... so we'll have to save some big $$$ to get on that one! :)

Silhouette won't be in NJ anymore... she travels TA this Sunday and spends the summer in the Med.

Correct' date=' and we are looking forward to being on her June 12th. Thanks for the review. :)[/color']

Silhouette won't be in NJ anymore... she travels TA this Sunday and spends the summer in the Med. Then this fall she does a TA and winters in FL.

The NJ excursions were a one season deal. :(

i sailed from Fl and will in March 2013. but i also sailed on "A " from Mia and S Ameica.

I really want to do Reflection' date=' too! I would want one of those AquaClass Suites (only on Reflection)... so we'll have to save some big $$$ to get on that one! :)[/quote']

got one on Reflection in 203. friends take up the cabins next to me.

Thank you for a most marvelous review.... Actually my favorite on these boards to date... Great narrative, pics and loved that Dad was along and your family looks so happy ( not all families as u know get along too well):p

And loving that the Silhouette is moving to Fl since I live in the south.

What particular didn't you like about Qsine? and those alcoves for rent is a joke... who the heck designed those? That is too funny

CC

Thank you for a fantastic review and wonderful photos highlighting the many pleasures of the beautiful Silhouette.

My pleasure- she's a gorgeous ship!

Her last sailout from Bayonne should be available live tomorrow on nyharborwebcam.com - I hope I remember to watch!

Cheers,

Paul

Thank you for the kind words. I can't wait for my next opportunity to sail on Celebrity!

Cheers' date='

Paul[/quote']

I also noticed you gave a very favorable review of Oasis of the Seas. I'm sailing on her in October.... looking forward to it

Thank you for a most marvelous review.... Actually my favorite on these boards to date... Great narrative, pics and loved that Dad was along and your family looks so happy ( not all families as u know get along too well):p

And loving that the Silhouette is moving to Fl since I live in the south.

What particular didn't you like about Qsine? and those alcoves for rent is a joke... who the heck designed those? That is too funny

CC

It was great having Dad along... he's a new Celebrity convert!

Qsine was a disaster: some truly bad food, horrible music, no real need for iPads as the waiter jots down your choices on paper (just like every other waiter in the world) and the iPads do NOTHING to describe the entrees (what a stupid mistake). $40/person is reasonable for a great meal... but this place is too much at any price.

Cheers,

Paul

Fantastic review - thank you. We were on Silhouette's 3rd cruise last year and have booked again for August 2012 and next August 2013. Same ship, same aft cabin. I think we are in love ! :)

Hi did I read correctly that you didnt like the Qsine had poor food etc I have paid already for our trip Maybe should cancel do you think? cheers Liz

Don't panic! Remember that food is very subjective. We loved Qsine on Eclipse and have booked it for DHs birthday dinner on Summit. it's quite unique; you should try it for yourselves and form your own opinion.

Edited by librarylady19

Hi did I read correctly that you didnt like the Qsine had poor food etc I have paid already for our trip Maybe should cancel do you think? cheers Liz

I thought there was one or two things that were good... I liked the sushi lollipops. The cupcakes were good. Not worth $40, though, imho.

Well' date=' it took me a LONG time to write this review for this gorgeous ship, but I finally have it ready to go! This is a picture intensive page without thumbnails, so it might take a great deal of time to load on slower connections. Also, some iPads with low memory (like our first gen iPad) will NOT load all of the pictures.

All of my Cruise Reviews can be reached via the link below, or you can go directly to the Celebrity Silhouette review here:

http://home.comcast.net/~pmccullough/cruise/Silhouette%2012/Silhouette%2012.htm

To all of you about to sail or planning to sail Silhouette in the future, have a GREAT time on our new favorite Celebrity ship!

Bon Voyage,

Paul

Really appreciated all the time and effort that went into this review. We are sailing on Silhouette May 18th down the Adriatic and Med. Can't wait!!

Thanks again for your tips, but then maybe Celebrity will have incorporated a few of them!

Susan