Back from the Emerald

Lovetravel101

Just back from the April 6 sailing on the Emerald. We had an amazing time! I am crying at the airport, I will try to post a review later, I kept great notes from the first day, but then had so much fun I did not write another single entry in my journal!

Just back from the April 6 sailing on the Emerald. We had an amazing time! I am crying at the airport, I will try to post a review later, I kept great notes from the first day, but then had so much fun I did not write another single entry in my journal!

I know exactly how you feel. Glad you enjoyed the Emerald. :)

We've enjoyed the Emerald, too. (2x) And, I've enjoyed watching all our Princess ships leave via the webcams. It's just like being there. In fact, I can hear the sail a way music playing as they go by the white building and I hear the horn blow. It's like leaving port with all of you.

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. I've tried to keep notes, too, but they never get into an organized journal or review. I don't do it anymore.

Take care! Lynne

Have a safe journey home. Glad you enjoyed the Emerald. She was our first Princess cruise annd will always hold a special place for us. Loking forward to reading your review.....:):):)

Bob

From another CC thread, I think someone mentioned about constructions going on at Pier 2, and Emerald Princess moved to embark at another pier. Which pier # did your cruise embarked/disembarked from?

Thanks.

From another CC thread, I think someone mentioned about constructions going on at Pier 2, and Emerald Princess moved to embark at another pier. Which pier # did your cruise embarked/disembarked from?

Thanks.

Just back today. It can vary. I can't recall the pier we left from (not #4), but we returned to pier 4 today.

I have taken a journal on cruises and I usually never get past the first day , I am having such a good time I don't have time to write in my journal. Go figure :)

Cori

This is a real concern! When I kept my blog (at first for family and friends) I didn't advertise it heavily outside a small group of people because I was afraid I wouldn't keep up with it each day. Only after a month or so did I include the address in Christmas cards, and only when I returned home did I post the link here. Nothing worse than starting something, getting a following, and then abandoning it.

I WAS busy having a great time, but used the first minutes every evening between the time DH fell asleep (as soon as his head hit the pillow) and I did to post the day's activities. And as the blog brings me great enjoyment now, it was worth it.

Lovetravel, glad you had a great time. We had friends on that cruise who just emailed me from the airport that they had the same. Hard to go wrong on the Emerald!

Loved the Emerald, so glad you had a good time! For the first time in about six months I didn't watch the Emerald leave today, since I knew my stepdaughter wouldn't be on it. She ended her contract as a Production Singer and is on her way home to California for a few months. I guess in the fall/winter I will be watching the Ruby sail away every week since she joins that ship in July.

Loved the Emerald, so glad you had a good time! For the first time in about six months I didn't watch the Emerald leave today, since I knew my stepdaughter wouldn't be on it. She ended her contract as a Production Singer and is on her way home to California for a few months. I guess in the fall/winter I will be watching the Ruby sail away every week since she joins that ship in July.

Is she one of the 2 main female singers?

Glad you had a great time! We'll be on her the same time next year-March 27-April 6. Any types, advice, info on the ship or port excursions would be most appreciated.

Were the pools crowded? I plan on spending time at the Terrace pool in the back and hate chair hogs. Will my 14 year old son have some other teens to keep him company? Weather?

we did emerald New years eve this year was a great ship! @ heavenleysea our stand out excursion was st Lucia drive to the pittons via magana bay, ,sulphur springs, dinner at country house museum and sailed back back very good and nelsons dock yard antigua was great!

Stu k

We've enjoyed the Emerald, too. (2x) And, I've enjoyed watching all our Princess ships leave via the webcams. It's just like being there. In fact, I can hear the sail a way music playing as they go by the white building and I hear the horn blow. It's like leaving port with all of you.

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. I've tried to keep notes, too, but they never get into an organized journal or review. I don't do it anymore.

Take care! Lynne

I have taken a journal on cruises and I usually never get past the first day , I am having such a good time I don't have time to write in my journal. Go figure :)

Cori

Sounds familiar -- this time I am taking a small digital voice recorder for quick notes and then I will write when I have more time. An inexpensive way to save time and help my failing memory (I hope). Hate forgetting some of the names or details.

Is she one of the 2 main female singers?

Yes, she was one of the two female production singers that just finished their contracts - on this last sailing (4/6-4/16) they only performed two of the shows as they were turning the shows over to the new team. She's a redhead, although she was blonde up until a few weeks ago, so if you were on an earlier sailing you might have seen her as a blonde. :)

Yes, she was one of the two female production singers that just finished their contracts - on this last sailing (4/6-4/16) they only performed two of the shows as they were turning the shows over to the new team. She's a redhead, although she was blonde up until a few weeks ago, so if you were on an earlier sailing you might have seen her as a blonde. :)

Yes I was on March 27th sailing. I thought the blonde singer was very very talented.

Yes I was on March 27th sailing. I thought the blonde singer was very very talented.

Yep, that's my girl Leigh Cara. We got to sail on January 27 and sure enjoyed all of her shows. Did you get a chance to see her play her original music in Crooners? She is going to Nashville next week to record an EP of her original music. She is quite talented as a singer, musician and songwriter, but she has also worked really hard the last ten years. She loved her time on the Emerald and is looking forward to joining the Ruby later this summer.

Yep, that's my girl Leigh Cara. We got to sail on January 27 and sure enjoyed all of her shows. Did you get a chance to see her play her original music in Crooners? She is going to Nashville next week to record an EP of her original music. She is quite talented as a singer, musician and songwriter, but she has also worked really hard the last ten years. She loved her time on the Emerald and is looking forward to joining the Ruby later this summer.

It looks like we'll be on the Emerald the next two winters...please let us know if Leigh is heading back to that ship. It would be great to see her again. One of the male singers (not Scott....I can't remember his name) has been on the Emerald in prior winters. Always fun to see some performers I recognize.

It looks like we'll be on the Emerald the next two winters...please let us know if Leigh is heading back to that ship. It would be great to see her again. One of the male singers (not Scott....I can't remember his name) has been on the Emerald in prior winters. Always fun to see some performers I recognize.

Jeannie - I will be sure to let you know if Leigh goes back to the Emerald - are you sailing the whole winter this/next year? What will you do during its dry dock? Maybe you could go on the Ruby for a week! :) Leigh will be on the Ruby from sometime in July (she starts rehearsals July 3) until I guess early January, not sure of exact dates. I'm looking at weeks but not sure we will be able to swing it, we have done a lot of traveling the last year and a half. We'll see! The other singer was Rick, he has been on the Emerald a lot as I understand, not sure where he is going next though. Scott left a couple weeks early because his wife was getting ready to have their first child, and his son was just born Monday! We'd love to see you on a cruise again in the future.

centralcalicruzer, how did your stepdaughter like the new schedule of shows( 3-30 minute instead of 2-45, as I recall)? And, Lovetravel101, how was it for you? Our son joins as a ship's orchestra musician next month and is very interested in how the new schedule feels to everyone. Better or Worse? For Matt, he'll reserve judgement for a while.

Archived