Cigarettes in Churchill's

Norfolk Brit

There has been some discussion recently about Churchill's permitting only cigars and banning cigarettes. This morning, the new brochure has made a welcome appearance on my doormat:

Smoking is no longer permitted in any public area with the exception of Churchill's Cigar Lounge, designated areas on the open decks and the upper level of G32 on QM2. Pipe and cigar smoking is only permitted in Churchill's and on the permitted open deck spaces.

So, unless I'm reading it wrong, splendid news for the cigarette smokers:D.

Mary

My apologies, but I am still confused. The OP seems to indicate that cigars, pipes, and cigarettes can be smoked in Churchill's. The response says cigars only.

I guess I will restrict my pipe to my veranda only, and not worry about an after dinner pipe and drop of the Irish.

Stop in Churchills (It's the friendliest place on the ship) and scope it out. I seriously doubt if anyone (including the attendant) will have a problem with a pipe smoker.

I think Cunard's decision to dedicate the room to cigars smokers , (and maybe pipes) who comprise less than 4% of the population or about 100 passengers, of which at the most, 3 or 4 might be in Churchill's at any given time, is incredibly nearsighted. Even with cigarette smokers the room is seldom full.

My apologies, but I am still confused. The OP seems to indicate that cigars, pipes, and cigarettes can be smoked in Churchill's. The response says cigars only.

My quote was taken direct from the new brochure, page 218, delivered yesterday, indicating that you can smoke a pipe (as well as cigarettes and cigars) in Churchill's. The response appears to be out of date and based on the old brochure wording.

I did try to make this clear; apologies if I failed...

Mary

Smoking is no longer permitted in any public area with the exception of Churchill's Cigar Lounge, designated areas on the open decks and the upper level of G32 on QM2. Pipe and cigar smoking is only permitted in Churchill's and on the permitted open deck spaces.

Mary

To me that means you can smoke a pipe or cigar or cigarette in Churchill's, permitted open deck spaces and G32 ( upper deck ). However, you can't smoke a pipe or cigar in G32.

I would say I don't think it's written very clearly or concisely, they could have just specified what you can smoke in each of the 3 areas.

I got my pre-voyage documentation last week for the Transatlantic Brooklyn-Southampton on May 29th.

Effective today, April 27th, smoking is banned from staterooms on the QM2.

It says CIGARS ONLY for Churchill's. But I've never been on the ship before so I don't know if they'll let a pipe slide.

I got my pre-voyage documentation last week for the Transatlantic Brooklyn-Southampton on May 29th.

Effective today, April 27th, smoking is banned from staterooms on the QM2.

It says CIGARS ONLY for Churchill's. But I've never been on the ship before so I don't know if they'll let a pipe slide.

Welcome to the May 29 EBTA. You may wish to join in on the following board:-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1530353

Look forward to meeting you...

Archived