Car Seats and the Cruise Ship

I would tag it and send it with the luggage UNLESS baby was little enough to potentially sleep in it....then I might lug it around, especially if the LO was due for a nap before 1 or near 1 (when cabins are usually ready).

When getting on the ship, do you tag the car seat and have it sent to your room, or do you carry it onboard? We'll be travelling with a 10 m/o and probably an infant car seat. Thanks!

If you're using an infant carrier car seat (ie the bucket type ones that snap into a base), what sort of stroller are you using for the baby? We traveled a lot w/ the carseat and a snap and go, in which case, the carseat would double as a stroller seat. If that's the case, I would keep it with me. If you are using another stroller, then putting a tag on it to have it delivered to your room will be fine though it will likely stay much cleaner if you have a carrying bag for it.

• 3 weeks later...

We are going to be cruising with another family (4 kids in total) and we were curious about car seats as we will also be doing Disney as part of our vacation.

What do people generally do with the car seats? I know we likely won't be using them on port days so there really is no need for the seats on the cruise at all.

We are going to be cruising with another family (4 kids in total) and we were curious about car seats as we will also be doing Disney as part of our vacation.

What do people generally do with the car seats? I know we likely won't be using them on port days so there really is no need for the seats on the cruise at all.

I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you do with the car seats? Do you mean when you are on the ship?

If you are riding in a car, you will need car seats. If you are simply taking shuttles/buses that do not have seat belts, you won't be able to use them.

Sorry, do we check our car seats and they get delivered to our room? Is there any place at the terminal where we could pay to store our car seats?

Basically we'll have car seats as we'll be traveling by car to do Disney and such but won't require the use of the seats on the cruise!

I don't know what room you have, but when my son was in the crib in the cabin - I can't imagine where we would have put a car seat. (We had a box of diapers, etc to store in that room as well.)

Luckily we drove our car to the port & left the car seat in the car. (We did not have port plans that would require a car seat.)

Archived