Going to see the re-release of Titanic in 3D?

NoobCruise

With all the attention to the Titanic right now and with the 3d release of the movie Titanic, I'm curious what other cruisers think.

Anyone going to see the 3d Titanic? I think I'll skip it lol While I know statistically the odds of anything like that happening are very small, And I'm not worried in the least, I don't want to start dreaming about it lol Especially since we'll be cruising the Glaciers.

Are you going to see it?

Saw it last night, 4/15, at the last showing at 8 PM. We got great seats, and the 3D version was mind boggling! I thought I was on the ship!

Just to add: I also saw it in the theater when it came out in '97, and a couple dozen times on TV. However, last night in 3D just blew my mind.

When you have this in your house, Titanic takes on a different meaning.

P1011002.jpg

Saw it last night, 4/15 at the last showing at 8 PM. We got great seats, and the 3D version was mind boggling! I thought I was on the ship!

When you have this in your house, Titanic takes on a different meaning.

P1011002.jpg

I understand China has censored parts of it. Apparently, Kate Winslet's breasts look too big in 3D and they don't want people reaching out to try and touch them! :eek:

That's their story and they're sticking to it!

A friend of mine is a member of the Broadcast Film Critics Association and I went as her guest opening night. The effects are amazing. Beautiful print--it was stunning on screen. Cameron is quite the storyteller. If you enjoy the movie theater experience, I think you'll like seeing Titanic in 3D. I enjoyed it very much.

Watching Titanic just before going on a cruise is like people watching "Castaway" as the in flight movie on a plane.

lol For me, I agree! I will probably see it AFTER the cruise though. Luckily our tv has 3D capability, though it won't be the same as the theater.

Nope...the 1st release left me less than impressed....no way do I care to see it in 3-D....what's with that, anyway??? I think I'll be glad when EVERY movie has been made into 3-D...and they can start writing NEW movies!

I felt the 1st run of the movie was a waste of my money. The only interesting scene in the ENTIRE movie was when they were showing the pistons in the engine room and the stokers working. Other than that it was pretty lame. Nope not going to waste more money.

A Night to Remember is a much better film.

I saw it when it first came out and loved it. Saw it again in 3D and thought it was fabulously done. Very much enjoyed it on the big screen. A movie like that is always best on the big screen.

I will admit though - that friends have asked me since the Costa Concordia incident if I am re-thinking my cruise. My answer was emphatically "no". But, I also admit that for a moment while watching Titanic again - I was rethinking my cruise. But, it was a fleeting moment.

With all the attention to the Titanic right now and with the 3d release of the movie Titanic, I'm curious what other cruisers think.

Anyone going to see the 3d Titanic? I think I'll skip it lol While I know statistically the odds of anything like that happening are very small, And I'm not worried in the least, I don't want to start dreaming about it lol Especially since we'll be cruising the Glaciers.

Are you going to see it?

Nope, not me. We saw it in the theater when it originally came out, then, at my DW's request, bought the DVD when it was released. Although the historical part of the story is interesting, the fictionalized portion is not. I'm a guy, and I'd rather have my legs waxed than have to sit through it again, especially in 3-D!:eek::D

Archived