Breakfast in Cagney's

khia213

What suite level qualifies for having breakfast in Cagney's? I've seen that suites are able to use it but which ones? Mini suites included in this?

Mini suites do not receive this perk. Look for the categories that begin with an "S."

What suite level qualifies for having breakfast in Cagney's? I've seen that suites are able to use it but which ones? Mini suites included in this?

Don't get me wrong, breakfast in Cagney's is great but the waffles I got at the buffet were much hotter. Can't beat Cagney's egg benedict though.

Ain't that the truth! They're even better as CRAB Eggs Benedict - yum! Can't wait to have some for breakfast this Sunday! :D

Yes, the crab eggs Benedict at Cagney's are delicious--but so are the salmon egss Benedict in the main dining room. And you do not have to pay suite prices to enjoy them!

Don't get me wrong, breakfast in Cagney's is great but the waffles I got at the buffet were much hotter. Can't beat Cagney's egg benedict though.

We were invited to go to Cagneys for breakfast and lunch for 3 days (and one dinner too:)) after my little broohaha with guest services. I loved the crabcake eggs benedict but my husband thought the waffles were the same as the buffet and he didn't like either. The best part was the coffee - it came in a french press - which I have at home and have never gotten the coffee to come out right - but in Cagneys it was delicious!

Yes, the crab eggs Benedict at Cagney's are delicious--but so are the salmon egss Benedict in the main dining room. And you do not have to pay suite prices to enjoy them!

True, but if I don't pay suite prices.... I can't enjoy them in my room! ;)

We were invited to go to Cagneys for breakfast and lunch for 3 days (and one dinner too:)) after my little broohaha with guest services. I loved the crabcake eggs benedict but my husband thought the waffles were the same as the buffet and he didn't like either. The best part was the coffee - it came in a french press - which I have at home and have never gotten the coffee to come out right - but in Cagneys it was delicious!

Love my french press. Glad to hear they use it in Cagney's

Love my french press. Glad to hear they use it in Cagney's

I once saw a waiter in Cagney's pour coffee from a container of already brewed coffee into a french press and then bring it out into the dining room and serve it as if it was freshly made french press coffee. (I saw it through an opening in the curtain that separated the service area used by the waiters from the dining room.)

As they say, all that glitters is not gold....

I once saw a waiter in Cagney's pour coffee from a container of already brewed coffee into a french press and then bring it out into the dining room and serve it as if it was freshly made french press coffee. (I saw it through an opening in the curtain that separated the service area used by the waiters from the dining room.)

OH NOES. I've been meaning to buy some freshly ground coffee beans and dusting off my french press - the waiter at Cagneys even told me how he makes the coffee - now i'm disillusioned :(. Whatever they do to it - the coffee taste different and imo better at Cagneys.

:eek:

Did they serve that to you or to another table?

I betcha that was Decaf that was brewed in a regular machine and just poured into the French press for presentation.

In my experience they usually press the coffee right at the table.

I betcha that was Decaf that was brewed in a regular machine and just poured into the French press for presentation.

That is my experience too.

OH NOES. I've been meaning to buy some freshly ground coffee beans and dusting off my french press - the waiter at Cagneys even told me how he makes the coffee - now i'm disillusioned :(. Whatever they do to it - the coffee taste different and imo better at Cagneys.

I saw it done as I described one time. At other times the coffee has been pressed right at our table, although not always.

It was served to my wife, and it wasn't decaf. Most of the time it's been pressed right at our table, although not all the time.

On the Jade in February, we had breakfast each morning in Cagney's. It was, in general, very good. But: the French Press was no more. :eek: Coffee was served out of a pitcher by our waitress. Also - "cream" came in the little plastic single serve cups with the peel-back lid. This was definitely not the case last year on the Pearl when we had the French Press and fresh, cold cream. Maybe it was just a Jade or European itinerary thing? Or maybe a new fleet-wide cutback? Anyone else had this experience?

Someone may have requested "regular" coffee. My father and aunt and uncle really disliked the French press coffee and after the first couple of days, always requested to have regular coffee instead. It's best not to assume that what you see through a break in a curtain is something negative.

Someone may have requested "regular" coffee. My father and aunt and uncle really disliked the French press coffee and after the first couple of days, always requested to have regular coffee instead. It's best not to assume that what you see through a break in a curtain is something negative.

Please read my subsequent posts. It was served to my wife, not to someone else.

That's why it's best not to say something without having read the entire thread.

Archived