Don't get it - 1/21/13 - 2 Different Itineraries on website

true45

Maybe a CCer can figure this one out.

I was trying to encourage a friend to join us on 1/21/13 ultimate caribbean 11-night Equinox on Sunday. Showed them the "booking" page which showed 2 seadays 1st and a bunch of ports including roatan. They are very interested. Went onto my reservation page this morning & website showed 1 sea day then grand cayman the rest of the ports which did not include roatan.

I do price checks often and go to the booking page. This grand cayman itinerary shows in the 2012 catalog -- I thought it was just an old itinerary that had been changed. I called Celebrity (the regular reservations Number and the Captains club number) and they say no, you are going to grand cayman. They couldn't explain the differences between the 2 pages. My travel agent showed me the new itinerary but said we are going to grand cayman.

Looking forward to the trip -- no matter where we go. The ship is the thing for us. But the itinerary is important to our friends. Any ideas?

I can't help with this cruise but I have a similar issue with my cruise on the Eclipse on 23 Feb 2013. The first page which lists the various cruises on Eclipse shows a number of ports, the final two being Bonaire and Aruba. If I then click through to the point of making a booking and click on the itinerary at the side it shows Aruba then Curacao (no Bonaire) - this is the itinerary which we have booked and have a print out confirmation for.

If your cruise follows the same pattern I would say that the itinerary with one sea day, then Grand Cayman and no Roatan is the correct one, as this is the one which appears on the actual booking page.

But then... who knows :rolleyes:

We had a similar experience when we booked Eclipse for 23 March 2013, the brochure stated we went to Grenada, but when we booked it the itinerary was changed with no stop at Grenada, and Bonaire was in instead. Somewhere someone has told me or I have read that there had been some kind of mix-up booking the ports, after the brochure had been printed, and that's why the change had to be made, and Grenada couldn't take Eclipse on the day they wanted to dock.

Whether this is true or not....

Texmex

Archived