Anyone else find it creepy...

amc80

Sometimes I'll make mock bookings while logged in to Carnival's site. I like to check on pricing, deals, etc. Well, I always get an email from a random PVP (within 24 hours or so) saying something like "hey, I noticed you didn't complete the booking...I've been trying to call but haven't had luck...please call me..."

I know they are just trying to sell a cruise, but I find it sort of creepy!

We always thought it was a coincidence that we would hear from our PVP after we spent some time on the Carnival web site. We called her on it and she admitted that she can see when we visit the site! Not so much creepy as a feeling of invasion of privacy.

Enjoy your cruise:cool:

Big Brother is always watching......:rolleyes:

It's the same when you google something....I go to a website, say, Victoria Secret, looking for bathing suit, then I notice later while on another website, over to the right of my page just "happens" to be a Victoria Secret ad.....we are never alone..............;)

Sometimes it's an e-mail, sometimes a phone call. I recognize the area code so I just let it go to voice mail. What's funny is the e-mails usually ask if I'm ready to book. Ummm... I am booked already :p

Hehe I find it creepy since our two first bookings with carnival for this year have been made royal Caribbean have harassed us no end and we don't have a cruise agent or anything like that but still getting hounded with emails and junk mail from them :-0 ... Spooky coincidence?! ..

I did a mock booking ONCE with logging in. And somehow got assigned to this PVP guy that is absolutely annoying. He calls me at least twice a day and sends an email every day. I have told him I am not booking a cruise with carnival (I have one booked with RCCL right now) and to leave me alone. He still keeps calling me. I'm beyond tired of it. I never asked anyone to contact me. This has gone on for over a month now.

When I am in search and planning mode, I have to log in to check past guest and other special rates. I know the minute that I get done that within 24 hours that my PVP will be calling. She called me every day for a week and a half...If I am just daydreaming, I don't log in.

I have purposefully not logged in lately and am planning to book but have been dreading logging in. I have a special offer and finally logged in tonight and was hoping to book online before tomorrow when I am sure my stalker, umm, I mean, pvp will call me......I don't even want to try booking with him b/c he is just so full of himself among other reasons- says he works 7 days a week for like 18 hours a day and won some kind of award for most bookings, etc etc etc. Last year my health was questionable enough I was scared to go on cruise and told him - didn't stop him. He has calmed down some lately, but expect to hear from him soon if I don't already have an email from him.

Sometimes I'll make mock bookings while logged in to Carnival's site. I like to check on pricing, deals, etc. Well, I always get an email from a random PVP (within 24 hours or so) saying something like "hey, I noticed you didn't complete the booking...I've been trying to call but haven't had luck...please call me..."

I just think they are being aggressive in their business tactics, companies have all sorts of tricks and keep all sorts of information on the clients.

Case in point: Target keeps a file on every customer's purchases based on the card you use and was sending out direct marketing ads. They outed a pregnant girl unknowingly! Here's the link to a story about it: http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2012/02/16/how-target-figured-out-a-teen-girl-was-pregnant-before-her-father-did/

Dont log into the site when you check.

I'm actually being stalked via cell phone by a Carnival PVP. I've been mock booking for a couple of months, looking for the right cruise at the right price, and most of the time, she would call the next day. I know it's her because of the 305 area code. I don't answer because I'm at work and don't want my boss and co-workers to listen to me talk to her. She does leave voice mails though. She may be on a cell phone also because the last time she called I sent her a text message stating that I am at work all day and can't talk and to quit calling all the time because it was kind of annoying. I actually haven't heard from her since. I sure hope I don't really need help booking my cruise.

Big Brother is watching more and more...especially on the internet! Yes as others have said, do search without logging in. Also, dont give your past guest number.

I know this is off topic but you can now be identified with cookies off and private browsing enabled. It's don by combining your IP address, browser agent, plugins, resolution, browser size, and plugins installed. I don't see how he tin foil hat crowd uses the internet.

This happens to me on a real estate web site. If I look at listings, I get an email asking what I am looking for and can they assist me.....

Archived