Anyone else find it creepy...

amc80

OK......I have been checking the Carnival site to see if there have been any price drops.

I did NOT log in because I read a post that said they always seem to know when it's YOU and it won't show any sales. I'll search, look around, and the screen will show at the top we're logged in. Welcome, _______.

That's creepy.

That's because it autosaves your info just like signing into your email, etc. Just sign out before you start searching, you'll be fine.

When I am in search and planning mode, I have to log in to check past guest and other special rates. I know the minute that I get done that within 24 hours that my PVP will be calling. She called me every day for a week and a half...If I am just daydreaming, I don't log in.

I don't....

If you click on Find a cruise and then do advance seach...

You do not have to enter past guest number.

BUT make sure you are not logged in to website .

Top right - blue writing...

Welcome back, ... Log out

When I do 'Mock' bookings, I do not log in and do not provide Past Guest nbr, but check Past Guest block.

I do this almost daily as we are booked ES for our next 4 cruises.

Have never been contacted by PVP or anyone else at CCL.

Go figure

Sometimes I'll make mock bookings while logged in to Carnival's site. I like to check on pricing, deals, etc. Well, I always get an email from a random PVP (within 24 hours or so) saying something like "hey, I noticed you didn't complete the booking...I've been trying to call but haven't had luck...please call me..."

I know they are just trying to sell a cruise, but I find it sort of creepy!

I was annoyed by it when it happened to me. Only happened once though:logging out works for me.

Whenever I'm looking at cruises, I get tons of cruise ads on both Facebook and Yahoo. They KNOW!!!

I don't mind it, but it is a bit creepy. :eek:

Yes, I find this too! So weird! I googled some breast feeding information for my cousin months ago, and I am still getting adds on my FB page.

Why? :confused: They're doing their job, and you are in effect wasting their time.

Because I don't like strangers watching what I'm doing. Ya, I get it, that's how the internet works now a days...but I don't have to like it!! And I'm not wasting anyones time...they are wasting their own time by calling me when I have not requested to be contacted.

I haven't had it happen with Carnival yet, but Norwegian stalks me every single time I visit their website.

I don't mind email contact so much. However, I was royally pissed off when a vacation planner actually called my home and left a detailed message on my answering machine discussing the ship, itinerary and dates that I had priced because it was a SURPRISE cruise that I was trying to plan for my parents anniversary and it was ruined when my Mom heard the message before I got home from work (she was babysitting for me). Couldn't really lie my way out of it when she asked me since the dates he mentioned included their anniversary date!! Not cool.

Well, I always get an email from a random PVP (within 24 hours or so) saying something like "hey, I noticed you didn't complete the booking...I've been trying to call but haven't had luck...please call me..."

My old PVP used to call me sometimes the day after I searched for cruises. My new PVP knows better...

Archived