Anyone else find it creepy...

amc80

Sometimes I'll make mock bookings while logged in to Carnival's site. I like to check on pricing, deals, etc. Well, I always get an email from a random PVP (within 24 hours or so) saying something like "hey, I noticed you didn't complete the booking...I've been trying to call but haven't had luck...please call me..."

I know they are just trying to sell a cruise, but I find it sort of creepy!

New to Carnival Cruise Lines, has never happened. All other cruises out of RCCL, again, never a call. Just my 2 cents.

I always book through my travel agent. I stay anonymous while researching and when I know what I want I tell my agent. And she knows things about the ships that I don't know. Today she saved my whole trip by giving me some info that Carnival should have given me but didn't regarding the need to bring an extension cord for the scooter I have rented. Haven't had that stalker problem for years now but I remember when I did. It was annoying.

It doesn't matter whether or not you've logged in, unless you're using a computer that you've never logged into the Carnival site with. Once you log in with your computer, the Carnival site will place a file ("cookie") on your computer to recognize you in the future. That's why on some sites as soon as you go to the log-in page, your ID might be pre-populated and you only have to answer your password.

When I'm considering a CC posting and I want to know what a particular Carnival policy is, I won't look it up because I don't want the annoying phone calls and emails.

If you delete the cookie, you should be able to avoid the calls and emails. But I couldn't be bothered, so I just steer clear of the Carnival site. Eventually they'll figure out that they're doing more harm than good.

My PVP knows NOT to call me when I check the Carnival website. Otherwise, he'd be calling me several times a week!

We do love our PVP. We've developed a great friendship over the years. We even get together any time we are in South Florida. But part of that friendship is based on mutual respect. He respects our preferences, and we respect the fact that he needs to do his job.

I know that a lot of people can't say the same thing about their PVP's since all they know about them is a canned email or scripted phone call, but I'm glad to say that this is not our case! :)

I always do the mock bookings on their website to see what prices are and what types of rooms are still available. I have never had a PVP call me

We just booked our first cruise directly through the Carnival website and I've never had a PVP contact me even when attempting mock bookings. I guess I'm just not special, lol. :D

I'm actually being stalked via cell phone by a Carnival PVP. I've been mock booking for a couple of months, looking for the right cruise at the right price, and most of the time, she would call the next day. I know it's her because of the 305 area code. I don't answer because I'm at work and don't want my boss and co-workers to listen to me talk to her. She does leave voice mails though. She may be on a cell phone also because the last time she called I sent her a text message stating that I am at work all day and can't talk and to quit calling all the time because it was kind of annoying. I actually haven't heard from her since. I sure hope I don't really need help booking my cruise.

If you do end up booking and need help, you can easily just call the 800# and they will help you. Before I found my PVP, I booked with a very nice gentleman by calling the 800#. Most of them that answer the phone are very helpful and knowledgable.

If you aren't putting your personal information into the website, or aren't logged in you won't get a phone call or email. The very first time I was looking up cruises for the wedding and trying to decide when and where we wanted to go, I created a login, and received a phone call the very next day.

Now that we are booked, and for other reasons have a different PVP, if I am just doing a mock booking to help a friend figure out how much the cruise will be for them, I make sure I am logged out so that my PVP doesn't see it.

Was scoping out our Magic Cruise for over at Carnival fand other sites for or over a week. Even sent the PVP and e-mail asking if she could beet the published price for what I was looking at. Got no response at all. When the new sale came out I booked my self on line. Still have heard nothing from her.

Why? :confused: They're doing their job, and you are in effect wasting their time.

If you use the internet or apps on your smart phone regularly, particularly if you shop on line or use programs such as Facebook, Linkedin, or Twitter,your online action is being tracked. That is the reality of internet marketing today. If I am browsing a shopping site, I can bet that the next time I log on to Facebook, I'll see an ad for that site, perhaps even the very item I was just looking at.

I knew I was still logged into the carnival site from the last time i was on. So the first thing I did when I opened the page was log off immediately and I still got a call. Hadn't looked at any cruises before I logged off. Within minutes I got a call and since I didn't answer, my PVP sent me an email hounding me to call him to book a cruise. You don't even have to look at cruises to get a call from them.

Almost like you are being "stalked"

At work, we have a policy to return calls to those who have not left messages, but called in after/before hours; our caller ID system captures the number. The woman who makes the calls says "we noticed that you called us last night after we left the office, may I help you with something". I too thought this was a little like stalking, so I at times I have said (just in the office, not to customers), as a joke, "We noticed that you left your garage door open last night, you might want to be sure to close it from now on". :D

Sometimes I'll make mock bookings while logged in to Carnival's site. I like to check on pricing, deals, etc. Well, I always get an email from a random PVP (within 24 hours or so) saying something like "hey, I noticed you didn't complete the booking...I've been trying to call but haven't had luck...please call me..."

That has never happened to me.

There is a good chance someone is watching you on line now. :eek:

I think it's called cookies-creepy cookies!:eek:
Maybe the folks at Cruisecritic are watching our every move

right now as we post. We are logged in you know.

Creeeeepy!

We should all stop using the computer maybe? :D

Don't sign in. That way they don't know who you are.

I logged in and did mock bookings practically every day for three months without hearing from my PVP. I swear, he must be psychic because he contacted me the day I was ready to finally book!! Now THAT is creepy. I think even he was surprised when he started his no-doubt rehearsed speech and got interrupted by, "Let's book!"

yes, I've noticed.

I specifically asked the PVP assigned to me to not call and also to not email, that I'd either book online or call when I was ready. The emails continued - some of them do sound a bit creepy (i.e. "I keep noticing that you are online but you haven't booked yet and you aren't returning my calls"). I actually contacted Carnival about this and they stated it was all taken care of - same guy is still calling me and emailing me. Not as often as he was (several times a week) but I'm still assigned to the same one (although I requested to be switched).

Now I just ignore all of the calls and emails :)

Why? :confused: They're doing their job, and you are in effect wasting their time.

Seriously? It would be wasting their time if I called them and asked for info. But how in the world is using their website wasting anyone's time, other than my own? It's not like I asked to be contacted.

OK......I have been checking the Carnival site to see if there have been any price drops.

I did NOT log in because I read a post that said they always seem to know when it's YOU and it won't show any sales. I'll search, look around, and the screen will show at the top we're logged in. Welcome, _______.

That's creepy.

Archived