Good News and Bad News for Me

JeanieTheMom

The bad news is that I don't have any cruises booked. :(

But the good news is that we're moving to Maryland, just over an hour away from the Pride. And we're a lot closer to some of the other ports. Cruising from Colorado involves plane trips or 2 day or more car trips. Now I can drive to Boston, New York, even Charleston with just a hotel the night before the cruise. And I can get up and have breakfast at home and get to the Pride in time for lunch. I see lots of cruising in my future. :)

Thanks for letting me share. I figured Cruise Critic folks would understand.

I'm in Richmond but my boyfriend lives in Baltimore. The Baltimore port is so easy to get in and out of, I'm thinking about taking my Mom on Pride, she gets nervous with flying so this would be an added treat not needing to do that.

OP – congrats on the move. You will love being so close to many ports. I moved to Florida, about an hour from Miami. We went cruise crazy. We went on a cruise every month for the first 7 months!!! When you don’t have air fare, cruising is really affordable.

The bad news is that I don't have any cruises booked. :(

But the good news is that we're moving to Maryland, just over an hour away from the Pride. And we're a lot closer to some of the other ports. Cruising from Colorado involves plane trips or 2 day or more car trips. Now I can drive to Boston, New York, even Charleston with just a hotel the night before the cruise. And I can get up and have breakfast at home and get to the Pride in time for lunch. I see lots of cruising in my future. :)

Thanks for letting me share. I figured Cruise Critic folks would understand.

Some of the best years of my life were at Ft Meade, Maryland. Loved Baltimore - loved Washington, Loved Annapolis and Loved the seafood. It'll be great for you to go jump on the Pride at a moment's notice.

Some of the best years of my life were at Ft Meade, Maryland. Loved Baltimore - loved Washington, Loved Annapolis and Loved the seafood. It'll be great for you to go jump on the Pride at a moment's notice.

I miss the Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs and oysters!

I think since you are so excited, you should build a spare room or two for fellow CCers to use pre and post cruise! You all agree?????? Just kidding, congrats on the move closer to port. I think I could drive there in a day? Vermont? Gotta look into that.

I kinda like the fly out a couple days early and stay a couple extra days as well, adds to the vacation. But I may try one from a port I can drive to. But I go in Feb most of the time and the first couple days on the cruise I would freeze wouldn't I????????????:confused:

we live in Richmond - and while we have not cruised other from Florida so far, we are contemplating New York for next year. Still drivable - (or can even jump on the train). I wish Norfolk would get some more choices- their cruises are few and far between. I suspect at some point we'll do a Baltimore cruise also - as the flight prices just seem to go up and up.

Archived