Best walk-up Food ?

frediver

Already planning to visit Tracy's for their crabs! :D

Next on the list is Halibut and chips. Any recommendations at the following ports? Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. :confused:

I had read that Alaskan Surf had one of the best Halibut and chip however I read from their facebook site that they are not operating anymore at the docks :eek: this year but will be moving to the Bar Harbour restaurant which is quite a distance from the port.

In Juneau and Skagway we like to do the Honky Tonk places sometimes -- Juneau is the Red Dog Saloon and Skagway is the Red Onion Saloon.

KrazyKruisers mentioned halibut & chips - Flight Deck has that but if it's raining go inside the blue building - Wharf Emporium & go to Hangar on the Wharf. It's not "walk-up" food. A great place to sit down - order some local halibut or salmon & have a local Alaskan Brew. (I like the panko breaded halibut & chips/fries.) The view is great from almost any table. You can look over to Douglas Island; watch the seaplanes take off & land; view down the docks at all the cruise ships; watch the birds - just enjoy! And if you have room stop at Chilkat Cones for an ice cream. They make their own cones & serve Cascade Glacier ice cream. My favorite is the huckleberry.

Hey kcfoxy - the picture you posted of the bear eating salmon with the eagle watching is MINE!! :D

I'm flattered you liked it enough to save it.

Golly, geepers it's stupendous...the whole series really :o

Has pride of place in my Dream list...maybe not this year but next time :p

a belated thanks for posting... I thought it would be so cool for the Best Walk-Up Food thread!

Archived