Best walk-up Food ?

frediver

Where is the best local walkup Food in ?

Ketchikan

Juneau

&

Skagway

We only have a 1/2 day in Victoria so likely not

enough time to but why not, whats the best walkup

in Victoria?

Thanks

Where is the best local walkup Food in ?

Ketchikan

Juneau

&

Skagway

We only have a 1/2 day in Victoria so likely not

enough time to but why not, whats the best walkup

in Victoria?

Thanks

Tracy's crab shack which I believe was in Juneau- absolutely fantastic!

Tracy's crab shack which I believe was in Juneau- absolutely fantastic!

Google it and you can check the menu. Looks incredible. WE will find out in 2 short months. Just be prepared to drop 50-60 bucks on lunch for 2.

Google it and you can check the menu. Looks incredible. WE will find out in 2 short months. Just be prepared to drop 50-60 bucks on lunch for 2.

its worth it... and if you get lucky and they have Dungenous Crab too, get that as well, 'cause I think their dungenous is better then king crab :)

Tracey's is pricey, especially for the King Crab. They also have Dungeness as mentioned as well as chowder and crab cakes.

In Ketchikan besides Alaskan Surf and Alaska Fish House you might just want to check out Burger Queen for some delish burgers, salads, seafood and a huge list of milkshake flavors (Chocolate Macadamia Nut anyone?) :p

AlaskaaBurgerQueenfreedeliveryshakesalot.jpg.53f9cb1f9647a2a635e8629262317131.jpg

AlaskanSurfKetchikanmenu-and-prices.jpg.38f8fecb7ab072ff877548411390596f.jpg

AlaskaaBurgerQueenhalibut-burger-and-onion.jpg.d0d8c61f27e9a7d450516166203be3de.jpg

alaskajuneautracyscrabcakeslkinglegsnchowdah.jpg.8220903a619dbbd2a31e55a0fe95a5cf.jpg

AlaskaAnanCreekoutofKetchikanbeareaglesushi.jpg.be9394beb63be11e85fcdd27a3afc0fe.jpg

AlaskaJuneauTracysKingCrabShackyowsa.jpg.56bbca6cd6b1a48d8cfc3eda79256f2f.jpg

Tracy's is next to one of the docks... and next to the Juneau Library... But it will depend on which dock you are tied to when you get into Juneau to see how far the walk will be...

the fish house at Ketchikan is a 5 min walk from the docks.

It looks like the Sea Princess will be in Juneau from 1pm-9pm on 16 May. At this time Sea Princess is scheduled to be docked at AJD dock - which is the farthest away from the the shops, restaurants & the downtown area. It's about a mile walk one way. There will be shuttles running from your ship.

Tracy's is located next to the library, btw the library is on top of the parking garage. Land is at a premium in Juneau so this building does double duty. Tracy's is at the back of "shack row" - just the name of the small buildings - the area is fine. :) If it's a rainy day, there is nothing better than a bowl of Tracy's crab bisque.

At the front of "shack row" is Glacier Smoothie - no, this isn't a local drink, but a local family business - they make soaps & other skin care with glacier silt. Pretty neat! Quite a different gift or souvenir from Alaska. Definitely locally made!

Back to food - Flight Deck is a great "walk-up" food place. They have a nice menu but I like the fish tacos. Add a local Alaskan Amber & find a seat. You can watch the seaplanes take off & land from this area. You're right behind a blue building - Wharf Emporium. It is the old airport when only seaplanes came in & out of Juneau.

Enjoy your visit to Juneau!

Tracey's is pricey, especially for the King Crab. They also have Dungeness as mentioned as well as chowder and crab cakes.

In Ketchikan besides Alaskan Surf and Alaska Fish House you might just want to check out Burger Queen for some delish burgers, salads, seafood and a huge list of milkshake flavors (Chocolate Macadamia Nut anyone?) :p

Hey kcfoxy - the picture you posted of the bear eating salmon with the eagle watching is MINE!! :D

I'm flattered you liked it enough to save it.

In Juneau the Alaska Fudge Company for dessert :p

Also make sure you check on the days open for Burger Queen in Ketchikan before walking there...they were closed the day we ported.

you know... with so many people loving Tracy's... I was surprised that there wasn't a line last August when I go for lunch after coming back from Mendenhall...

We noticed the same thing when we stopped at Tracy's last June.

I have a feeling that their high prices are just too much for the new Alaskan passengers who are cruising on a budget.

Already planning to visit Tracy's for their crabs! :D

Next on the list is Halibut and chips. Any recommendations at the following ports? Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. :confused:

I had read that Alaskan Surf had one of the best Halibut and chip however I read from their facebook site that they are not operating anymore at the docks :eek: this year but will be moving to the Bar Harbour restaurant which is quite a distance from the port.

Archived