does the card linked to your S&S account get charged

LEXIpoo

Thanks for the response back. DH's. name is on the card so we shouldn't have an issues. I have been loading that card up getting ready for those beer buckets he loves and DOD's for me. I also got confirmation on the Steakhouse for our first night. Very excited about that as it will be our first try at it. Still deciding on Chef's Table.

Ummm I don't own any credit cards.

LOL! I assumed that poster knew you since they were suggesting two VERY specific credit cards :rolleyes:.

I don't have credit cards either. I always use a cash account. Keeps my spending in check!

The last night of the cruise, any money left over is refunded to you in a check, which you can cash at guest services if you want immediate access to the funds.

Happy sailing.

Oh, I did learn a lesson the hard way. I had a couple of purchases/charges that posted really late to my OBA the last night of the cruise. I got up super early and went to guest services and paid off the remaining $18 balance. They gave me a receipt marked paid in full. I mindlessly shoved that receipt somewhere in one of my 3 carry-off bags. I'm trying to debark and I swipe my sail and sign card one more time (sniffle) and BING BING BING BONG alarm goes off. Accounting hadn't updated my early morning payment. I told them what had happened and they just asked for the receipt. Swell. So, off to the side my group moves as I proceed to dump out 3 extremely full bags in search of that damned receipt. Finally found it and all was well. Uggh.

gina

My bank has taken as much as 10 business days to remove the holds.

I don't mind because I use this one card for my onboard account and it has a big credit line so there is always plenty of room on it,

even if I make some pricey purchases onshore.

Betcha that hold-money isn't earning you any interest while it's on hold

but it'll be earning the Bank something -thus the "delay" :D

Archived