Celebrity Suites? How Good Are The Perks?

curtdesilets

Just curious because we just booked a "suite guarantee" on the Century. It says the butler can assist with packing and unpacking. what about meals? Can they serve you any time and do they do a full table set-up. What other great perks can I expect and/or request?? :confused:

All staterooms include:

Services

• Our signature friendly, personalized service with a guest to staff ratio of nearly 2:1
  • Twice daily service (makeup and turndown)
  • Daily ice service in stainless steel ice buckets

Dining

• 24 hour complimentary room service

Amenities

• Robe
  • Complimentary tote bag
  • Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs
  • Water/wine glasses
  • Celebrity eXhale bedding featuring 100% cotton linens and plush duvet, pillows and custom premium mattresses
  • Hair dryer

Stateroom Features

• Private mini-bar*
  • Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies*
  • Private safe
  • Dual voltage 110/220AC outlets

*Additional charges apply.

In addition our suites include:

Services

• European-trained butler service to help you pack/unpack, make your spa appointments, dinner reservations, shore excursions and so much more
  • Full in-suite breakfast, lunch & dinner service
  • Afternoon canapés and tea service
  • Complimentary daily in-suite espresso and cappuccino
  • Shoeshine service

Dining

• One complimentary dinner for two (cruise of 7 nights or less) and two complimentary dinners for two (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant

Amenities

• Plush Frette® bathrobe
  • Oversized 100% cotton bath towels
  • Slippers
  • Extra handheld hair dryer
  • Additional custom bath products: nail kit, shower gel and mending kit
  • Pillow menu
  • Fresh flowers
  • Welcome sparkling wine
  • Daily fresh fruit platter

Stateroom Features

• Veranda
  • Hansgrohe® showerhead

Special Amenities for Penthouse & Royal suites include:

• Separate whirlpool bathtub
  • Whirlpool on private veranda
  • Your choice of one bottle of vodka, scotch or gin with accompanying mixers

I can't find the post that I just read, but it finally hit me and I called X. Even after reading that there's a $5 chge for Suite guests to eat in Blu, for some reason unkown to man, I thought Suite guests ate in BLU. WRONG! Well, guess what--it's just as you wonderful people have posted---suite guests eat in the MDR! You folks really do know it all! Sorry 2B a spoil sport, but I think Suite guests should be able to eat in Blu--after all, the Suites do cost more....But anyway, we were able to get our select back, which was what I wanted....Oh well..... :)

The above are pretty accurate however would like to point out that the free specialty dinners only apply to the S class ships they do not apply to the Century...

It doesn't say that on the website. What the previous poster put up is an exact copy of what it says on Celebrity's website. If that's what it says on the website, I expect them to honor it on all Celebrity ships. Therefore, I will expect to receive two free specialty dinners on the Infinity.

What about Embark- some lines have a special waiting room w/ pastries and juice, does Celebrity do this?

Parents just upgraded to Suite, I am on Concierge w/ close friend..

what about tea? Can I come join them for tea or do they make a fuss about that?

We had a suite on Century once and had friends over. The butler happily served our friends.

It doesn't say that on the website. What the previous poster put up is an exact copy of what it says on Celebrity's website. If that's what it says on the website, I expect them to honor it on all Celebrity ships. Therefore, I will expect to receive two free specialty dinners on the Infinity.

On M-Class suite guests are often invited for a complimentary dinner on the first night, but this is not a guaranteed perk on M-Class.

This is what Celebrity's website says:

"Complimentary Dining

As an added benefit, all Celebrity Solstice®, Celebrity EquinoxSM, Celebrity Eclipse® and Celebrity SilhouetteSM suite guests receive complimentary dining in their choice of Specialty Restaurants. Suite guests can choose from Murano, Tuscan Grille, Silk Harvest Restaurant and Qsine®:

1 complimentary dining reservations per suite for cruises of seven nights.

2 complimentary dining reservations per suite for cruises of eight nights or longer.

At this time, we are not able to accept complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations online. In order to place your complimentary Specialty Restaurant reservations, please call 1-800-722-5941."

The butlers really are great!!!

And if you've ever dined in Blu you would understand WHY suite guest are not assigned dining in Blu. Blu is for the Aqua Class floor and it's more of a clean, spa cuisine. I really didn't care for it at all. BUT, just because someone pays more for a room, doesn't give them the right above all others. They have listed the perks of a suite... the people in Aqua Class do not get those perks. They get the perk of eating in Blu because THEY paid more. Aqua Class do not get specialty dining perks nor anything else. Not only that... if you knew much about Blu, you would know that there is JUST enough seating in there for the cabins associated with Blu. In fact there aren't enough seats now that they added the 19 cabins on the Solstice and other ships. We waited in line every single night for dinner because now Blu is only "select" dining and for some reason, most of the "spa" type people want to eat at the same time. It was a miserable experience for us. Suite guests can, in fact, dine in Blu for breakfast though... and I think that's the best part of Blu.

What about Embark- some lines have a special waiting room w/ pastries and juice, does Celebrity do this?

No special waiting room (at least none in the ports I have embarked from), but you definitely can join them for tea.

Just so you and they don't get their hopes up about "tea" service... this really isn't that big of a deal. It's a mixture that gets delivered each day in a different (barely there) flavor. But... I am just sure the butler wouldn't mind you there any time and would even bring you more of this colored water mixture.

We had parties on several nights and the butler brought enough glasses for everyone... we ordered all sorts of apps from the room service menu...and he was always around to help with anything. AND he cleaned up every night after each of our parties, while we were at dinner. He was truly wonderful!

Probably another one of those conflicting areas of the web site, I honestly don't know where you found your info. Here is the web site that clearly states the free dinners only apply to S class ships. AS Gonzo said, they very often will give free dinners on the other ships but it is not guaranteed. We have discussed this in numerous threads in the past on this board.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_dining#onboard_specialty_dining_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_specialty_dining

Poster #2 in this thread did not put a source for their info so its unknown where it came from. Our source is directly from the web site. I'm sure they limit the specialty dining free meals on Century since there is only one specialty restaurant.

Actually, did a little research, the quote from #2 is taken when you go to a specific S class ship. If you go to the suite benefits for Century, they do not list free Specialty dining as one of the benefits.

Probably another one of those conflicting areas of the web site, I honestly don't know where you found your info. Here is the web site that clearly states the free dinners only apply to S class ships. AS Gonzo said, they very often will give free dinners on the other ships but it is not guaranteed. We have discussed this in numerous threads in the past on this board.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_dining#onboard_specialty_dining_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_specialty_dining

Poster #2 in this thread did not put a source for their info so its unknown where it came from. Our source is directly from the web site. I'm sure they limit the specialty dining free meals on Century since there is only one specialty restaurant.

Actually, did a little research, the quote from #2 is taken when you go to a specific S class ship. If you go to the suite benefits for Century, they do not list free Specialty dining as one of the benefits.

It is taken from the website directly ..when you look under the generic "staterooms" tab that is what is printed. I agree that if they list it on the website they should honor it. I have printed the page for my upcoming Century sailing.

It is taken from the website directly ..when you look under the generic "staterooms" tab that is what is printed. I agree that if they list it on the website they should honor it. I have printed the page for my upcoming Century sailing.

Celebrity strikes again, dual locations with seperate information...I would bring a copy of that page because it is under the generic staterooms info.

The butlers really are great!!!

And if you've ever dined in Blu you would understand WHY suite guest are not assigned dining in Blu. Blu is for the Aqua Class floor and it's more of a clean, spa cuisine. I really didn't care for it at all. BUT, just because someone pays more for a room, doesn't give them the right above all others. They have listed the perks of a suite... the people in Aqua Class do not get those perks. They get the perk of eating in Blu because THEY paid more. Aqua Class do not get specialty dining perks nor anything else. Not only that... if you knew much about Blu, you would know that there is JUST enough seating in there for the cabins associated with Blu. In fact there aren't enough seats now that they added the 19 cabins on the Solstice and other ships. We waited in line every single night for dinner because now Blu is only "select" dining and for some reason, most of the "spa" type people want to eat at the same time. It was a miserable experience for us. Suite guests can, in fact, dine in Blu for breakfast though... and I think that's the best part of Blu.

Suite guests can eat in Blu if space is available. Reports back from most cruises have indicated that it is unusual to be denied entry into Blu but it can happen. Also, although advertised as such, Blu is far from a clean, spa cuisine. I appreciate that Blu does not appeal to all however the vast majority of those coming back and writing reviews, rave about Blu. I have been in several cruises in AQ and it is a great experience.

Celebrity strikes again, dual locations with seperate information...I would bring a copy of that page because it is under the generic staterooms info.

I will be bringing the copy..I agree that it is a problem with the website info but they should really get it together!! LOL If denied, it will not ruin my cruise:)

I will be bringing the copy..I agree that it is a problem with the website info but they should really get it together!! LOL If denied, it will not ruin my cruise:)

I would expect it to be denied; I have yet to hear of a single person say they were granted this perk on M-Class (i.e. in terms of being able to choose which restaurant and which night). If you look at suite perks for M-Class suites on Celebrity's website it does not list this as a perk and if you look at suite perks for S-Class suites it lists the perk and clearly indicates in only applies to S-Class ships. Personally I would not feel comfortable asking for this perk if I was on an M-Class suite as to me it is one I am not entitled to and I would not try to take advantage of an apparent glitch on the website. Often those in suites will be invited to a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant on the first night on M-Class.

:)Here is the link to what I posted which is directly from the website. And it was NOT taken from a specific ship. It was taken by clicking on "suites" from the stateroom section of the website.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type3.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_staterooms_suites&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms

Step by step on where I found it.

Click on Celebrity website

Click on "Onboard Celebrity"

Click on Staterooms

Click on suites and there it is.

I would expect it to be denied; I have yet to hear of a single person say they were granted this perk on M-Class (i.e. in terms of being able to choose which restaurant and which night). If you look at suite perks for M-Class suites on Celebrity's website it does not list this as a perk and if you look at suite perks for S-Class suites it lists the perk and clearly indicates in only applies to S-Class ships. Personally I would not feel comfortable asking for this perk if I was on an M-Class suite as to me it is one I am not entitled to and I would not try to take advantage of an apparent glitch on the website. Often those in suites will be invited to a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant on the first night on M-Class.

We were granted this perk on Constellation..without requesting. It seems to be a hit or miss kind of thing. I see no harm in asking...not demanding.

We were granted this perk on Constellation..without requesting. It seems to be a hit or miss kind of thing. I see no harm in asking...not demanding.

You were able to pick and choose what restaurant and night? Were you able to call the 1800 phone number prior to your cruise and do this, like for those in an S-Class suite?

You were able to pick and choose what restaurant and night? Were you able to call the 1800 phone number prior to your cruise and do this, like for those in an S-Class suite?

We were surprised with the offer upon boarding..I can't honestly remember if we were given the choice of restaurant but we enjoyed a beautiful meal in Oceanliners.

Archived