What is a Deluxe Stateroom Guarantee?

It says 'W' or something? Is this a suite? It seems like it is, but the price is even less then a JS so it can't be right, no? Thanks!

I think I understand now, it's like a balcony or something I think. Whats confusing is that it doesn't say what KIND of stateroom, I assume it's balcony etc because a JS is 200 more, and suites go up from there. What confused me was expedia, it says guaranteed SUITE which is pretty misleading...

A "W" guarantee is for a suite so you will get a junior suite (most likely) as a minumum although some people occasionally do get better suites. The pricing varies. I've seen the W as less than the JS price like you see. I guess that is because you don't get to pick your cabin location and are more likely to get a JS. However, I have also seen the guarantee price higher than for a JS. I guess that happens when most of the JS's are gone and you are more likely to get a full suite with the guarantee. I don't always understand their pricing scenarios.

If you don't care about your cabin location and would be satisfied with JS, then book the guarantee. You might get lucky and get a better type suite, but don't expect it.

We've done the "W" suite guarantee 4 times and have gotten 2 JS's and 2 GS's. As the others have said, you will get at least a JS.

50/50 -- Those are really good odds considering you most likely paid less for a W than a specific JS! :)

If you book W and get a GS do you get full suite benefits? Also, if you just get JS do you still get double points?

Yes and Yes. It makes sense that you would get double points since you are actually paying for a suite. On the other hand, if you purchase a balcony guarantee, or are upgraded from a balcony to a JS, you are not supposed to get the extra points because you didn't pay the suite price.

I understand your confusion .... we booked on AMEX Travel where it said JS for a REALLY good rate, so rather than book online, I called and asked because it too said 'W' when I got to the point of 'clicking'. I was assured it was a JS or better. Later somewhere else on the site it said 'Deluxe/Suite' and was hoping we didn't get just a nice location of a regular balcony dispite what I was told. Thankfully, that was not the case! We booked on Monday of this week and get the double points and of course were hoping for 'upgrade' to GS, but happy with price we paid for JS since that's what we usually get anyway. Just looked on my account now and see we've been assigned a cabin ... 7240 and it's a JS on deck 7 midship.... can't ask for more than that, so we're happy! Would have been nice to get a JS, but this works! This is the second time we've done GTY booking ... did it for the first time a year ago with Holland America ... had the basic 'suite' and of course hoped for the larger suite, didn't get it, but did get upgrade to a higher deck midship .... so that worked as well. At this point, I'm thinking for us, booking last minute on a sale and taking a chance on the GTY isn't a bad way to go! Good luck, but I'm thinking you'll be happy with what you get.

• 4 years later...
We've done the "W" suite guarantee 4 times and have gotten 2 JS's and 2 GS's. As the others have said, you will get at least a JS.

If you don't mind me asking, now that five years have passed. What have been the odds for you now? We booked a W stateroom for adventure next month and still have not gotten our stateroom assigned. All of the junior suites are currently sold out, there are only 2 grand suites left, and 5 owner suites left. NOW THAT would be awesome, getting an owner suite! #WishfulThinking

If you don't mind me asking, now that five years have passed. What have been the odds for you now? We booked a W stateroom for adventure next month and still have not gotten our stateroom assigned. All of the junior suites are currently sold out, there are only 2 grand suites left, and 5 owner suites left. NOW THAT would be awesome, getting an owner suite! #WishfulThinking

I haven't been as lucky, 30 yrs I've been 4 for 4 only getting Jr Suite. Now with Guarantee ocean view or Balcony I been bumped up more often...

I've not done any more "W" guarantees. No opportunity.

And I think I've only done 3 "W"s, and gotten 2 JS and 1 GS.