Spa and bar or balcony cabin?

rainbowhays

We are going on our first HAL cruise in two weeks. We are sailing on Ryndam to Norway and have an inside cabin as we intend to spend our days in the spa and our evenings in a bar.

Now as the cruise is almost on us we are thinking have we made a mistake in not booking a balcony for this cruise.

Any thoughts?

Why not call HAL or your travel agent and see what it would cost to upgrade and are cabins available. Then you can decide if it is worth the cost.

We have cruised in inside, ocean view, balcony, and one mini-suite. We now book at a minimum a balcony. We use the balcony often. We don't use the spa normally ... do find lots to do tho on board the ship so also spend quite a bit of time out of the cabin.

I think it comes down to personal choice. Have a wonderful cruise.

That far north you might not get much use out a balcony this early in the year. I would treat the inside cabin just as a place to sleep/bathe/change/etc and do my scenery viewing from public decks. :)

OR ... if you want quick access to outside without the steep price of a veranda, change to something on the Lower Promenade, either inside or outside.

we hardly ever spend much time in our room. Even if you have a balcony you'll probably want to be on the other side of the ship as often as not. Relax and enjoy.

We had an inside for Antarctica and were all over the ship when we wanted to see anything.

I've cruised in Norway more times than I can count, but never in May. I will be there soon, however. Possibly the same weeks as you?

Norway can be cold and rainy, even in deep summer. When it is, a balcony is really a waste. I like some of the more sheltered places on the ship, and they don't cost anything!

Another thought is that it will be light very late, and again very early. You will probably want to keep your draperies closed, thereby losing an advantage of moving up from an inside.

Based on the size of the ship, and how late in the game it is, I don't expect there are many balcony cabins left.

I'm happy with my inside cabin, and bet you will be happy with yours, too.

Archived