Self Disembark from Liberty in Barcelona

Can anyone explain how this works? We're arriving into Barcelona at 6am, and have a flight at 12.30pm. I'm sure we have enough time but to avoid stress I want to try Self Assist.

I believe it means that you don't have to leave the luggage outside your room and can carry it off. Do you have to arrange this in advance of the disembarkation day? I've heard specific times mentioned, so how is it arranged and where do you wait on the last morning?

Also, any opinions on whether we actually need to do this for that flight time, or could we have breakfast and leave at a more normal time, it's around a 30 minute taxi ride from the port to the airport.

Thanks for your help!

When did the TA last apriil, in was sure people could not start to disembark till 7:30

Oh good, that would be fine, perhaps even a little early! As long as I'm at the airport by 11am I'll be happy.

Does anyone know the details of how to arrange self disembarkation?

Was recently on LOS out of Barcelona..Your cabin steward will leave a form for you to fill out in regards to your departure plans..Nice to not to have to set your luggage out the night before and have access to it...Just go have a quick breakfast and go back to your cabin to get your luggage and walk off the ship as soon as you are ready..no need to meet in a certain location..Taxi's will be lined up waiting...Enjoy LOS !!!

Was recently on LOS out of Barcelona..Your cabin steward will leave a form for you to fill out in regards to your departure plans..Nice to not to have to set your luggage out the night before and have access to it...Just go have a quick breakfast and go back to your cabin to get your luggage and walk off the ship as soon as you are ready..no need to meet in a certain location..Taxi's will be lined up waiting...Enjoy LOS !!!

Wonderful, thanks very much!

Can anyone explain how this works? We're arriving into Barcelona at 6am, and have a flight at 12.30pm. I'm sure we have enough time but to avoid stress I want to try Self Assist.

I believe it means that you don't have to leave the luggage outside your room and can carry it off. Do you have to arrange this in advance of the disembarkation day? I've heard specific times mentioned, so how is it arranged and where do you wait on the last morning?

Also, any opinions on whether we actually need to do this for that flight time, or could we have breakfast and leave at a more normal time, it's around a 30 minute taxi ride from the port to the airport.

Thanks for your help!

You have time for your last breakfast. It will all be clear by the day before,

I think self disembarkation is a good idea. With today's wheeled luggage and the minimalist luggage allowance on airlines I think more and more people can do it.

There are in fact designated times for disembark for passengers taking off their own luggage....Unfortunately, not all follow these times and when all the non-luggage carrying passengers are trying to get off its quite a bottle neck with passengers lugging 2 and 3 suitcases down flights of steps and holding up the elevators. Recently we got off the LOS in Ft Lauderdale and it took us 1 1/2 hours to get from deck 2 down to deck 1 and out the gangplank....So just beware and get off the time that's alloted to you.

There are in fact designated times for disembark for passengers taking off their own luggage

Ah, so there are allocated times! I thought I'd heard that, I assume we'll somehow be told what our time is, and yes, we'll stick to it of course. Thanks for that.

Ah, so there are allocated times! I thought I'd heard that, I assume we'll somehow be told what our time is, and yes, we'll stick to it of course. Thanks for that.

You will have time to have a quick breakfast, but given the poster above suggesting that there can be queues to get off and I know that at peak times there are queues for the taxis I would try to snag as early a time as possible.

The liberty is such a great ship, I really had a good time on her

Archived