Why does Celebrity hold the CC " party" in the AM?

Kevnzworld

We've been to several CC parties, on a few different lines. All are nice, and when you consider that they could do nothing, its a very nice event.

My best experience was on NCL, where the second in command and EVERY department head was in attendance and introduced by the cruise director. Each attendee was given a nicely printed folder with each department head's cell phone number, and we were encouraged to call them if anything did not meet our expectations. They said, quite plainly, that NCL wanted to hear about problems while they could fix them, and not read about them on CC when it was too late.

I was very impressed. Unfortunately, I was not as impressed with the NCL cruise experience, and we are quite happy to be back on Celebrity. (NCL was just not for us, and the food was not nearly as appealing as X)

That was my experience w/ NCL...

the first one- another person coordinated it and her daughter was a dancer on board and we got an extra invite on disembark day to tour a courtyard Villa.

Our 2nd- I was coordinator and wasn't quite as impressed. I asked for 1st sea day and they gave us 2nd one and said it was so more officers could attend, then 2 days before we left, e-mailed and changed it to 1st sea (the one I asked for) and said not enough officers could attend the original date - they did offer to send invites for the cabin #'s I had.

I also bought little bags and pins w/ our ship pic and date on it and gave them to the cabins and brought extra to party for those I didn't have cabins for and officers. We had a handful of officers show up, which was disappointing but OK, they did offer to help w/ anything that we needed (and did help dad get a drink at the Captain's party when they recognized us and no bar tender was looking) I was mainly unimpressed w/ the party coordinator on ship- and I did let them know. I felt things could've been handled a little better than they were (there was another incident which I wont talk about that really was what put me off her)

This is my second Celebrity cruise, and I've noticed a theme. The Cruise Critic connection party is at 10:30 am. Fun! The Captains club party is in the early evening, with free drinks in the sky/ constellation lounge

I know the answer of course. I thnk that Celebrity only deals with Cruise Critic because it has to, but since they can't control the message it doesn't get real sponsorship.

I haven't attended either of the Celebrity connections...our roll call sponsored our own party in the late afternoon of embarkation day fortunately...no thanks to Celebrity.

We like the late morning time. On the HAL ships also 10:30am is standard. Evening would be difficult as everyone eats at different times.

Be thankful they offer one. They did not on our last 4 Celebrity cruises which were 2 nights, 3 nights, 4 nights, and 5 nights.

Last falls during our Wine Cruise on the Millennium the connetion party was hosted by the Hotel Director. It was held in Michael's Club in the evening between dinner seatings. There was OJ, Champagne and waiters passed hot hors d'oeuvres. There were also several other officers at the gathering but we didn't get a chance to meet them.

It was an excellent gathering.

Last falls during our Wine Cruise on the Millennium the connetion party was hosted by the Hotel Director. It was held in Michael's Club in the evening between dinner seatings. There was OJ, Champagne and waiters passed hot hors d'oeuvres. There were also several other officers at the gathering but we didn't get a chance to meet them.

It was an excellent gathering.

Hmm... that would work...I think a 3 or 4pm time would also work...

Archived