Why does Celebrity hold the CC " party" in the AM?

Kevnzworld

I'm on the Equinox tonight. I love Celebrity. I also like smaller ships and interesting itineraries. I recently booked my first Azamara cruise in November because of how unique the itinerary is.

I like the S class ships but the best itinerary is the Equinox with there east or west cruise. did B2B on her.. But Azamara can get into ports Celebrity can not.. also you get three days in Russia and many ports are late nights.

RCCI owns both so it is easy to switch around due to your needs.

A is geat in Europe due to their ports of call and late nights. Enjoy!! One day i might run into you on her.

[quote=Lois R;So I will say the same thing again. You sail Azamara and I will sail

Celebrity. Azamara is out of my price range and I love Celebrity. "

I'm on the Equinox tonight. I love Celebrity. I also like smaller ships and interesting itineraries. I recently booked my first Azamara cruise in November because of how unique the itinerary is.

Hi, I am sailing her next month:) and so you are on the TA......

Hope you have a good time...whatever the time of the gathering

was......sounds like you received the invitation but just chose

not to attend.

Actually, that post was directed to Robin, since she is the one

who had a comeback for me about Azamara.

And keep in mind that Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are the only ones who provide any type of sponsored event for CC members. On all the other lines someone from the roll call must make the arrangements, and often collect money to pay for any refreshments.

I have been to CC meets on Princess, HAL and NCL money was never 'collected' for anything. I even arranged one on NCL. They still had the cookies and juice or danishes available.

I have been to CC meets on Princess, HAL and NCL money was never 'collected' for anything. I even arranged one on NCL. They still had the cookies and juice or danishes available.

And each was organized by someone on your roll call like yourself, not the cruise line as does Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Azamara. Although I haven't experienced this myself, I have read more than once that on Carnival the organizer must pay for the refreshments and either pays it out of their own pocket or collects from the roll call members who attend.

Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Azamara arrange these parties as a goodwill gesture, even having a place on their websites to sign up. They handle the details, not the passengers, even including an invitation in your stateroom detailing the time and place. It's a corporate policy that is appreciated by this cruiser.

It is well known that Celebrity supports the purpose of CruiseCritic, regularly monitors this forum, and will occasionally post helpful information, either directly or through one of our hosts. I believe they care about CruiseCritic members, and welcome us on their ships willingly.

Below is quoted from the Celebrity's Cruise Critic Connections web site and shows their commitment to CruiseCritic members:

Cruise Critic Connections

Connecting with interesting people is part of the Celebrity experience, and Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections helps you do just that. When you register, you enjoy an opportunity to get acquainted with fellow cruisers whom you've communicated with online, on your cruise. Share information and tips, make plans in advance of your cruise - and then meet your new friends on board during a private, complimentary party.

If a minimum of 25 people are registered 3 days prior to your sail date, you will receive a confirmation email and you will have an opportunity to meet your new Cruise Critic friends on board at the Celebrity Cruises/Cruise Critic Connections party. Light refreshments, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks will be provided, compliments of Celebrity. A bar will be available where guests may purchase alcoholic beverages. If your party does not reach the 25 person minimum, you will receive a cancellation email from Celebrity Cruises.

I was NOT disputing that someone organized it, if you read my post, I said I even did one myself, I was saying, with those lines- no money was involved in providing 'snacks'

Yes, of course you weren't. I know that. I was providing additional information to differentiate that Celebrity handles these parties from their end, not to question your experiences. And I wanted to point out that some lines apparently do charge for the snacks. Fortunately, not the ones you have experience with.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about my intent. No offense was meant - only information.

Yes, of course you weren't. I know that. I was providing additional information to differentiate that Celebrity handles these parties from their end, not to question your experiences. And I wanted to point out that some lines apparently do charge for the snacks. Fortunately, not the ones you have experience with.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about my intent. No offense was meant - only information.

No offense was taken. I just wanted to be sure it was clear that yes, some lines may, but not all lines not RCCL and Celebrity.

BTW, which lines have you experienced this with?

I'm continually amazed by people who need to criticize every single thing. Celebrity hosts these events so that Cruise Critic folks can get to know one another. Not too many cruiselines do this. Most of the ones I have attended have been well attended by officers. I like the idea of specifically inviting them to attend!

I'm with Phil--I don't go to these things for a free drink, I go to meet the folks from my roll call. And I think the morning is good timing, before folks get too busy with the rest of the day.

THANKS, Celebrity, for providing the opportunity!

Celebrity is very gracious in working with us CC members. They have made enlarged copies of deck plans for me to distribute, given me boxes of pens for us to use at the parties, etc. I send invitations to all of the officers for our Connections Parties and many of them attend just to introduce themselves and show that it is important to them. The Cruise Director always attends when you invite them and it is great for them to be there and jazz things up a bit.

The main reason for the Connections Party is for us to get to know each other, put faces to those screen names we have been seeing for months. Sometimes there are 90 people in attendance and sometimes there are 45. It just depends. Sometimes we all get bridge tour invitations. Sometimes not. I, for one, appreciate what Celebrity does. The people I have dealt with have always been very gracious.

Carole

We must have been very lucky - we have only been on one cruise. The connections party was in the evening, there were plenty of hot and cold nibbles, free champagne, a room full of people and several senior staff.

We were there for over an hour and the food and drink was being brought round continuously by two or three waiters. The atmosphere was fantastic- the noise tremendous as so many people were laughing and greeting each other.

We all had name badges which included our real names as well as our CC name.

I assumed that all connection parties on Celebrity would be the same, it never occurred to me that some would not be as good.

We must have been very lucky - we have only been on one cruise. The connections party was in the evening, there were plenty of hot and cold nibbles, free champagne, a room full of people and several senior staff.

We were there for over an hour and the food and drink was being brought round continuously by two or three waiters. The atmosphere was fantastic- the noise tremendous as so many people were laughing and greeting each other.

We all had name badges which included our real names as well as our CC name.

I assumed that all connection parties on Celebrity would be the same, it never occurred to me that some would not be as good.

i still beleive that amorning one when people are at the spa, pool or sleeping in from jet lag is not great. having one right after sail away is.

also i got 50 people to show up on a princess cruise in a bar the 1st sail night.. we had name tags etc..At princess did nothing for CC members so we all just showed up. they had to bring in extra help but we had a blast.

I like the ability to meet up with people from Cruise Critic. I do not always utilize it, depending on how widely received the board is. A lot of Caribbean based cruises aren't usally active, so I pass. But for a lot of port-intensive European cruises, I have bonded with a lot of people over a year's span of planning and look forward to opportunities to spending time with them ouside of organized tours. I don't need any type of food or drink, just the space and time to chat with others. Good enough for me! :D

I like the ability to meet up with people from Cruise Critic. I do not always utilize it, depending on how widely received the board is. A lot of Caribbean based cruises aren't usally active, so I pass. But for a lot of port-intensive European cruises, I have bonded with a lot of people over a year's span of planning and look forward to opportunities to spending time with them ouside of organized tours. I don't need any type of food or drink, just the space and time to chat with others. Good enough for me! :D

And we should have a great time for sure:D:):D

i still beleive that amorning one when people are at the spa, pool or sleeping in from jet lag is not great. having one right after sail away is.

also i got 50 people to show up on a princess cruise in a bar the 1st sail night.. we had name tags etc..At princess did nothing for CC members so we all just showed up. they had to bring in extra help but we had a blast.

Hmm... interesting. I been on 2 Princess ships and both times we had a great party- with officers there. Did no one arrange anything w/ cruise line?

Just so glad we get given the chance to meet with our roll call friends and thanks to X for giving us the venue and refreshments.

Personally I far far prefer it as a morning event. Way too much already going on early evening especially just after sail way what with the timing of first sitting dinner, unpacking etc in my mind.

Those pushing the Azamara post embarkation sail away timing, remember Azamara is working with open seating dining X is not and therefore early seating diners would have oroblems, however if X are somehow persuaded by some that it's to be in the evening, I will accept.

Celebrity is very gracious in working with us CC members. They have made enlarged copies of deck plans for me to distribute, given me boxes of pens for us to use at the parties, etc. I send invitations to all of the officers for our Connections Parties and many of them attend just to introduce themselves and show that it is important to them. The Cruise Director always attends when you invite them and it is great for them to be there and jazz things up a bit.

The main reason for the Connections Party is for us to get to know each other, put faces to those screen names we have been seeing for months. Sometimes there are 90 people in attendance and sometimes there are 45. It just depends. Sometimes we all get bridge tour invitations. Sometimes not. I, for one, appreciate what Celebrity does. The people I have dealt with have always been very gracious.

Carole

Carole, I really like your idea of inviting the officers to the Connections Party. Just not quite clear how to go about it. Did you write notes to each of them after you boarded and deliver the notes to guest relations?

I think the gatherings are a nice way to meet the people on the boards in person.

I have found that the way they are done varies from ship to ship not just from line to line. On one Princess ship we had an area of a lounge to meet and no staff greeting, on another we had the observation lounge and the cruise director and many officers attended. On one Holland American we had a nice meeting with non alcoholic drinks and pastries and the captain attended with many officers. In fact on that cruised they invited us back again and the captain was there to address any issues and answer questions.

Hmm... interesting. I been on 2 Princess ships and both times we had a great party- with officers there. Did no one arrange anything w/ cruise line?

NO!! we never asked.. we sailed at 10 or 11 from SJ. so we got together around 830 for over ans hour.. this was 2008. i know one CC meember did email about taking voer the quiet bar up top by the italien restuarant.. we had a great time.. we drank and we talked.. no food but we never missed it.

Carole, I really like your idea of inviting the officers to the Connections Party. Just not quite clear how to go about it. Did you write notes to each of them after you boarded and deliver the notes to guest relations?

I printed invitations and left blank spaces to write in the time and day beforew boarding. There is a list of the officers at Guest Relations which I used to address the envelopes and then I give the envelopes to Guest Relations to put in the mailboxes of the Officers the evenong we sail. I put my name and Cabin number on the invitations also to personalize the invitation. The response has been terrific on Celebrity and on my one Princess cruise also.

Carole

NO!! we never asked.. we sailed at 10 or 11 from SJ. so we got together around 830 for over ans hour.. this was 2008. i know one CC meember did email about taking voer the quiet bar up top by the italien restuarant.. we had a great time.. we drank and we talked.. no food but we never missed it.

OK, that explains it. We always were in touch with whoever coordinated things from the cruise lines end- and we had officers and a light snack. I have always been happy w/ the meets on the lines I've been with. RCCL, was really nice- I went to one a few years back. They gave away prizes- had a table for the gift exchange- and we all got a little neck wallet w/ a card to write our sn and real name.

Just to be clear, Princess does not organize a CC party. there is no registation as there is on Celebrity. Someone on the Princess Roll Call takes charge and gets the names (and SRs if avail), gives them to a CD staff person who puts out an invite after that passenger and the staff person cooridnate a time and place. the CD staff may ask other staff/crew to attend. Been to 3 on Princess and that is how it worked, inlcuding one in Aug 2011. So not sure what the earlier post about 'No' meant....a passenger has to take action and coordiante it, the Line Does Not - once someone takes action, the CD staff will pick a place and time.

Celebrity has the restistration site on their website and fully coordinaes the meeting....that is the difference.

Den

Just to be clear, Princess does not organize a CC party. there is no registation as there is on Celebrity. Someone on the Princess Roll Call takes charge and gets the names (and SRs if avail), gives them to a CD staff person who puts out an invite after that passenger and the staff person cooridnate a time and place. the CD staff may ask other staff/crew to attend. Been to 3 on Princess and that is how it worked, inlcuding one in Aug 2011. So not sure what the earlier post about 'No' meant....a passenger has to take action and coordiante it, the Line Does Not - once someone takes action, the CD staff will pick a place and time.

Celebrity has the restistration site on their website and fully coordinaes the meeting....that is the difference.

Den

Correct, but they will organize a time/place and snacks and invite officers- IF you e-mail the coordinator and get it set up...

I printed invitations and left blank spaces to write in the time and day beforew boarding. There is a list of the officers at Guest Relations which I used to address the envelopes and then I give the envelopes to Guest Relations to put in the mailboxes of the Officers the evenong we sail. I put my name and Cabin number on the invitations also to personalize the invitation. The response has been terrific on Celebrity and on my one Princess cruise also.

Carole

Thanks Carole!

We've been to several CC parties, on a few different lines. All are nice, and when you consider that they could do nothing, its a very nice event.

My best experience was on NCL, where the second in command and EVERY department head was in attendance and introduced by the cruise director. Each attendee was given a nicely printed folder with each department head's cell phone number, and we were encouraged to call them if anything did not meet our expectations. They said, quite plainly, that NCL wanted to hear about problems while they could fix them, and not read about them on CC when it was too late.

I was very impressed. Unfortunately, I was not as impressed with the NCL cruise experience, and we are quite happy to be back on Celebrity. (NCL was just not for us, and the food was not nearly as appealing as X)

And keep in mind that Celebrity and Royal Caribbean are the only ones who provide any type of sponsored event for CC members. On all the other lines someone from the roll call must make the arrangements, and often collect money to pay for any refreshments.

We should consider ourselves fortunate that X and RC care about CC members. They don't, as the OP thinks, "only deals with Cruise Critic because it has to". They do it because they WANT to. The OP should be a bit more gracious and not so negative.

As to why the Captain's Club member party is in the evening and includes free drinks, this is because Captain's Club is Celebrity's frequent cruiser program. It is to show appreciation for repeat customers, regardless if they are CC members or not. You don't even have to know what CC is to be part of Captain's Club. You only have to have sailed on Celebrity at least once before.

Archived