Disembarkment Day: How long?

Azulann

The Century arrives in San Diego at 7am.

I know you have to be out of stateroom by 8:00am.

But what is the latest you must be off ship?

How long does it take to go through immigration?

I have a 3pm flight home. Cannot check bags at airport until 3 hours before flight, so that is around noon.

Century does not have valet service for this port so cannot get rid of my checked luggage and walk around area.

Celebrity has a post tour but it is for folks who have a 4pm flight or later.

An suggestions?

You might take your bags down the street to the Embassy Suites or Marriott and have the belman watch them for you, or you could go to the Sheraton at the airport and leave your bags there for a few hours. They have a free shuttle to the airport. Debarkation should begin at 8 am today, and the last off should be by 9:45 or so.

David

Dave,

thanks for the suggestion of leaving my bags with a bellman.

Has anyone ever done this? Even if I am not a guest of the hotel? It would solve my problem. Then I woud get off early and spend some time exploring the port area before taking a cab to the airport.

We've had issues leaving our bags with bellmen at hotels we were not staying at in other cities. We've been refused most of the time.

I'm not familiar with that port but if the car rental companies pick up at the port then consider renting a car which is big enough to carry your luggage around in and dropping it off at the airport before your flight. We've done this a few times at Ft. Lauderdale when we've had a late flight.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

first I will wait and see if my flight time gets changed, this does happen sometimes.

Like the option of renting a car or just booking an earlier flight myself and see what the cost would be between car and earlier flight.

I figured that one could not just pay a bellman to keep my lugage without being a guest.

Archived