Anyone back yet??

LHT28

Looking for comments on the 1st cruise (or any) on the AQ.

How was the food , cabins etc

Anyone with photos besides the ones on the website

Inquiring minds want to know :D

Lyn

Lyn,

A couple of friends are back from the first trip and two of them have posted (incl. some pix) on our website (on the message board, put an .org to my screenname). But those reviews may be biased as they are all steamboat nuts :D!

steamboats

Lyn,

A couple of friends are back from the first trip and two of them have posted (incl. some pix) on our website (on the message board, put an .org to my screenname). But those reviews may be biased as they are all steamboat nuts :D!

steamboats

Thanks I will have a look

I think I could become a "steamboat nut" :D

Lyn

We are on board right now. I am trying to figure out where to post a very complete review of the cruise (via blog? on this message board?). Quickly, I will say that as this is only their second cruise, I am cutting them some slack, but ... Everything is VERY disorganized!

Our room is filthy and we seem unable to get it cleaned (at least to my satisfaction - Our room steward makes lots of excuses, and the purser's office says they will take care of it, however, our shoes continue to stick to the bathroom floor)! I have talked with other guests, and it seems to be "hit & miss" some rooms are well cleaned, others are like ours. Many people are unhappy with how cramped the rooms are, however ours (#343 Veranda Suite) size wise is small but okay, especially since we have the veranda.

The food on board is like everything else - Hit & Miss - In the dining room the food had been fine, although nothing special. It seems to depend on your wait staff, some people have had very poor (slow) service, while we have had good service (at dinner). Breakfast is a buffet. Lunch has again been buffet or very limited menu. The optional dining venues feature such fine offering as hot dogs, popcorn, and sandwiches (large rolls w/little meat) and bags of chips. Yum Yum !

Not much in the way of activites on board. Of course, it seems that most people are happy to just sit and read a book, or watch the river banks as we roll along. We have had two evening shows, one was boring, the other was slightly better. Same with the musicians, a couple are okay, others are ???

Anything in particular you want to know about? Any suggestions for where to post a complete review with pictures? Let me know.

We are on board right now. I am trying to figure out where to post a very complete review of the cruise (via blog? on this message board?).

I would start a new thread

Just "Onboard April 19th to ..."

then people will know when the review was written

Hope things get better for you......how disappointing

Lyn

Hope things get better for you......how disappointing

I hope so too! Of course this was really a shakedown cruise for The American Queen with a new and probably inexperience crew etc. Hope the food starts to live up to its hype.

I think we all know there will be teething problems but dirty cabins are not acceptable ...make you wonder what other cleaning is neglected

We all know how Noro can run through a ship very quickly:(

The 1st cruise was probably filled with media, TA's & everyone was at their best

It would be a shame after all the hard work & money spent on restoring AQ if the staff is not up to snuff

Better training maybe needed

Hope things go better in the upcoming cruises

Looking for comments on the 1st cruise (or any) on the AQ.

There is a review on the American Queen - it's on the mainscreen of CruiseCritic - review by a Texasgal01 -

I was suppose to be on the 4/13 voyage but illness intervened. Looks like I missed out.

There is a review on the American Queen - it's on the mainscreen of CruiseCritic - review by a Texasgal01 -

I was suppose to be on the 4/13 voyage but illness intervened. Looks like I missed out.

Thanks

i hope someone will post some photos

• 1 month later...

If you would like to see our pictures here is the link.Its starts out with our time at the Hilton and seeing the American Queen docked right outside the Hilton.Then we did a little sightseeing.Then the cruise right to the end when we picked up our luggage to board the bus to go to the airport.

http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/60ANDREADY2CRUISE/

If you would like to see our pictures here is the link.Its starts out with our time at the Hilton and seeing the American Queen docked right outside the Hilton.Then we did a little sightseeing.Then the cruise right to the end when we picked up our luggage to board the bus to go to the airport.

http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/60ANDREADY2CRUISE/

Nice pictures...thank you so much...we're looking forward to Aug when we board.

Archived