Getting on board in aAaska

PG13

Usually for Caribbean cruises we head over around 10:30 to be one of the first on board. On our June sailing with Royal Caribbean, Radiance of the Sea, we don't set sail till 8:00.

So do they not let us on the ship at the same time. Usually by 12:30-1:00 we're on board and having our first drink and lunch. And, by 1:30 2:00 we can get into our rooms. Any idea why we don't leave port till so late?

Oops I do know haw to spell Alaska. Won't let me correct it now, don't I look silly!

Usually for Caribbean cruises we head over around 10:30 to be one of the first on board. On our June sailing with Royal Caribbean, Radiance of the Sea, we don't set sail till 8:00.

So do they not let us on the ship at the same time. Usually by 12:30-1:00 we're on board and having our first drink and lunch. And, by 1:30 2:00 we can get into our rooms. Any idea why we don't leave port till so late?

Oops I do know haw to spell Alaska. Won't let me correct it now, don't I look silly!

Leaving from Seward, its a relatively short trip to Hubbard Glacier the next day. Boarding should be the same early time, allowing luggage to dropped, check in and Sea Passes acquired. Then you can stay on the ship (like my wife and my mom), or head back into Seward (like me!):) We have early dining set up with my parents ( we usually do late seating), so we'll be eating in port.

L.J.

Thank you. You're saying we can finish our boarding procedures and leave everything with them then go back to town till closer to sailing time? Then how do you reenter, wait in line again? You've done this before?

Leaving from Seward, its a relatively short trip to Hubbard Glacier the next day. Boarding should be the same early time, allowing luggage to dropped, check in and Sea Passes acquired. Then you can stay on the ship (like my wife and my mom), or head back into Seward (like me!):) We have early dining set up with my parents ( we usually do late seating), so we'll be eating in port.

L.J.

Thank you. You're saying we can finish our boarding procedures and leave everything with them then go back to town till closer to sailing time? Then how do you reenter, wait in line again? You've done this before?

You "reenter" just like you would at any port. Get in Line, get your card swipped, go through the metal detector. Simple, :) I take it, you never get off the ship at embarkment? Just walk on and off the ship- look at the sign at the gangway for the all on board time- you don't want to miss that. :)

You may want to take advantage of being in Seward, there are also some superb touring to consider. Many people come to Alaska for the wildlife, a jackpot tour is available for a Kenai Fjords boat tour, if anyone cares to take advantage.

As Budget Queen noted, it's very easy to do. As long as you've got you Sea Pass with you, you'll be good to go. Last year when we were in San Juan, it was a similar situation. We were on board by 11:30, had lunch, then I left and went into Old San Juan for several hours, then made sure I was back by 7pm to get ready for dinner. We can't wait until 7/13 - enjoy!

L.J.

Archived