Sleeper sofas on Oasis - how comfortable?

I'd like to get a feel - no pun intended - on how comfy we can expect the sleeper sofas on the Oasis. My family and I are cruising on the Oasis this coming June, and have a D3 Superior Oceanview Balcony (12316) for all 5 of us - that means a pair need to be on the sofa. I'd prefer to let the kids each have a bed (two twins plus the pullman) but if the sofa is rough...well....gotta take care of #1. ;)

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

From my experience, it is OK ... not horrible and not great. There is a crease down the middle where the cushions meet. When I slept on it, I slept diagonally so that I wouldn't feel it. However, it is much better than most sofa beds from the fact that there is no metal bar that you feel for the next week.

I'd like to get a feel - no pun intended - on how comfy we can expect the sleeper sofas on the Oasis. My family and I are cruising on the Oasis this coming June, and have a D3 Superior Oceanview Balcony (12316) for all 5 of us - that means a pair need to be on the sofa. I'd prefer to let the kids each have a bed (two twins plus the pullman) but if the sofa is rough...well....gotta take care of #1. ;)

Hi fellow cruiser:)Come join our roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1465537

We have done this and it was actually not bad. The first night, the steward made up the sofa bed, um, how to say - the "wrong way" - the short way? We rearranged things and the kids slept the "long way". It was better and more comfortable for them. They were fine. You'll see what I mean when you get into the cabin.

This was a small price to pay to have a family vacation on Oasis, with all of us in one cabin. You do what you have to do. :)

Thanks for all the replies. Based on the info, I think we'll go with the current plan (keep the kids on separate beds) and try the DW and I on the sofabed for the first night. If it's miserable, I can always have the attendant push the normal bed together for the rest of the trip, eh? :)

I would take the REAL bed...give the kids the sofabed. Kids can sleep anywhere!

This is our plan! We are the ones that worked and paid for the cruise.... the kids did not. They are young and we are not. :p

My 3 kids are 17,15 and 11. We are staying in the Owner's suite and having a roll away brought in. Two of them will be bunking up on the couch. I told them if they were not cool with that sleeping arrangement they could stay with their Grandparents while we went without them. Surprise ..no complaints :D

ETA: we also booked the flowrider class and I know hubby and I are going to feel it the next day!! The whiplash effect will ensure I get the comfy bed =p

I told them if they were not cool with that sleeping arrangement they could stay with their Grandparents while we went without them. Surprise ..no complaints :D

Even tho' their grandparents are also coming along on the cruise, I don't think I could do that to my parents - rotating kids in their JS for a week? :eek:

Even tho' their grandparents are also coming along on the cruise, I don't think I could do that to my parents - rotating kids in their JS for a week? :eek:

Ha Ha

It depends on the Grandparents. My in laws would love having their grandkids with them. They owned a timeshare in the Bahamas for many years and would take one of them as a special treat during summer. Usually a reward for report card or whatever. They loved spending the week with the kids.

My parents?! HA HA HA HA They would purposely change the numbers on the stateroom door :p

Both sets of grandparents love their grand kids ... just have different views on what is considered a fun vacation. ;)

I was in a D1 not on Oasis but another ship. The sofa bed opened up into more the size of a regular, not queen size so may be tight for 2 adults.

As far as comfort......I may as well have been on the floor. It was hard.

I did 7 nights on an Oasis sofa bed and I can honestly say it's definitely not big enough for 2 adults to sleep comfortably. You pretty much have to sleep on an angle to avoid any permanent damage to your back from slipping into the crease dent. Also - it's hard as a rock! I ended up pulling out all the extra bedding I could find in the room (2 duvets etc for when the actual bed is split) and used as a mattress pad on the sofa bed making it a bit more comfy.

I would put the kids on the sofa (unless they're bigger than you) and you take the bed or minimally rotate around so everyone gets a turn on the sofa bed... 7 nights on it is a bit rough!

Archived