Carnival Galaxy

philbob84

If I remember correctly, it was just a concept that never developed. Can you imagine how wide that puppy would have to be to have that much stuff hanging over the side (lazy river, pools, etc.). She definately wouldn't make it through the Panama Canal or be able to dock in Roatan. I have to admit, that lazy river would be a big hit.

That video was floated around 3+ years ago and many people thought it was going to be the Dream. It is just concepts. Did you notice the Aft design looks somewhat like the Oasis and Allure.

Back when it was released it's was pulled off YouTube in about a week. Then it would reappear again a few months later. It was good to see it again. Thanks for sharing.

If they end up building the ship, they should call it something different. Galaxy looks more fitting for Celebrity than Carnival. Maybe a tropical-sounding name, to parallel the pattern for their newest ships Breeze and Sunshine. Personally, however, I like the Fantasy class naming scheme the best. In which case, how about Exhilaration?

If I remember correctly, it was just a concept that never developed. Can you imagine how wide that puppy would have to be to have that much stuff hanging over the side (lazy river, pools, etc.). She definately wouldn't make it through the Panama Canal or be able to dock in Roatan. I have to admit, that lazy river would be a big hit.

The non-private balconies, and accompanying view, on Carnival Dream (et. al.) met resistence, so those displayed on the concept video would certainly be a No-Go.

The "lazy river" was always a unique thing to watch on there, as it's baffling to figure out how Carnival would make water go slowly uphill yet not flood the downhill troughs.

Watching this never gets old... It's like Carnival's Oasis concept! Problem is Cahill would probably want to jam at least 10,000 guests on a ship of that size lol. Awesome video though!

Lol! Exactly! :D:D

Thanks for posting OP. I haven't seen that video in a while. Too bad CCL will probably never build a ship that cool. They've been xeroxing and tweaking the Destiny design for 16 years now and show no signs of changing. :rolleyes:

Archived