Kermit's Key Lime Shoppe

wrigley80

Kermit's is a must for everyone visiting KW.

I carry, on average, 2-3 bags of "goodies" back to the ship, not to mention what I consume walking back :D:D:D:D. And if I get into withdrawls, I order online.

Kermit's is a must for everyone visiting KW.

I carry, on average, 2-3 bags of "goodies" back to the ship, not to mention what I consume walking back :D:D:D:D. And if I get into withdrawls, I order online.

I bought the Key Lime Pie juice when I was there and I have made 3 pies since being home. They are delicious :p

So glad I saw this.

We will be there in just a few weeks

I am writing this down on my "places to check out" list

Thanks for the suggestion

You bet. Also be sure to check the Conch Shack on Duval St. Its a cute little place with delicious food

You bet. Also be sure to check the Conch Shack on Duval St. Its a cute little place with delicious food

Thanks for posting! I think we'll try the Conch Shack and then go to Kermit's for dessert :p

Do you mean DJ's *Clam* Shack on Duval?

http://www.djsclamshack.com/

Pjk

Uh oh, now I'm having trouble deciding between the Conch Shack (http://www.myconchshack.com/) and the Clam Shack! :eek:

Thinking DH would like the Clam Shack- he loves New England Clam Chowder, and there are a couple more options on the menu the he would enjoy there.

BTW Peter...we live in Plainsboro. Small world!

Not being a huge key lime pie fan, I thought Kermit's pie was just ok.

However, the frozen chocolate covered key lime pie was heaven. I don't think I'll ever have something quite like that again. (or at least until our next trip to Key West).

• 2 weeks later...
Is Kermit's Key Lime Shoppe easy to get to from the port? How far of a walk will it be? We cruise in 118 days, and I can hardly wait!

Thanks!

Kermit's Key West Key Lime Shoppe is about a mile or so from the port. It would be quite a walk. We had an electric car during our time in Key West. Kermit's is down by the harbor

Is Kermit's Key Lime Shoppe easy to get to from the port? How far of a walk will it be? We cruise in 118 days, and I can hardly wait!

Thanks!

Actually Kermit's is an easy walk from the Westin pier where you will dock.

Just proceed one block up Whitehead St. turn left and then go five blocks on Greene and it will be on your right.

Mike:)

It is the best ...

Oh yes it is. When we returned from vacation I e-mailed Kermit a picture of him and I together in front of the shop and he was so sweet to e-mail me back.

Such a great stop in Key West

Oh yes it is. When we returned from vacation I e-mailed Kermit a picture of him and I together in front of the shop and he was so sweet to e-mail me back.

Such a great stop in Key West

Kermit Carpenter is a super nice guy and that doesn't surprise me at all.

Kermit Carpenter is a super nice guy and that doesn't surprise me at all.

I was so surprised by that I heard back from him. I made a Key Lime Pie that night and tried to dream that I was back in Key West but It wasn't quite the same :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Garbo's Grill (food truck) parked just down Greene from Kermit's is the place to go for lunch! Best food I've had in Key West! They are ranked the number one restaurant in Key West. Not a restaurant, though. Get the Fish burrito and eat and explore. Hit Kermit's get a chocolate covered key lime on a stick and head back to the ship. Divine!

HTH!

Archived