Kermit's Key Lime Shoppe

wrigley80

When we toured Key West a few years ago, we were told there had not been a Key Lime tree growing on Key West in a very, very long time, that they were all killed in a hurricane and never re-planted.

Maybe not commercially, but I have a key lime tree in my yard.

Kermit Carpenter even addresses this on his website:

"Q- Key West is so small, where do they grow the limes?

A- In Key West almost everyone has a Key Lime tree a "stones throw" away or in their back yard, but the groves for the industry are in Mexico."

Mike:)

The little sweet shop on the end of the shopping strip right at the dock exit/entrance sells Kermit's Chocolate-covered-Key-Lime-pie-On-A-Stick. Very convenient if you don't make it to Kermit's or just want one more taste before reboarding the ship. DH and I sat on a dockside bench and shared one just before re-boarding. Heavenly.

Were is a good place to get conch chowder. I am sure all our hang out places are gone. It has been many years since we have been there. :(.

Electric cars: what can you tell me about them. We need to go past the dock area. Would like to see our old place, where we got married, etc.

Thanks!

Molly

The little sweet shop on the end of the shopping strip right at the dock exit/entrance sells Kermit's Chocolate-covered-Key-Lime-pie-On-A-Stick. Very convenient if you don't make it to Kermit's or just want one more taste before reboarding the ship. DH and I sat on a dockside bench and shared one just before re-boarding. Heavenly.
perfect- thanks for post. May bring my lunch cooler for a late treat on board!

Do they come wrappeoh and is it a fudge taste,dark chocolate? Just wondering..

perfect- thanks for post. May bring my lunch cooler for a late treat on board!

Do they come wrappeoh and is it a fudge taste,dark chocolate? Just wondering..

Yes they come wrapped and it is like a milk chocolate. Sooooo good. I wish I would have thought to bring a cooler so that I could have brought some pie back onboard

Yes they come wrapped and it is like a milk chocolate. Sooooo good. I wish I would have thought to bring a cooler so that I could have brought some pie back onboard

Even better w/ milk chocolate. I've always been full, so this time it may be breakfast or lunch!

Archived