Does a Confirmed Cabin qualify for an upgrade?

The J Project

Okay, just curious here...first time cruiser and I've seen quite a few posts about upgrades. When I booked we chose a cabin, and I'm curious if this means that no matter what, we won't be changed out of that room...or do we also qualify for a possible random upgrade? Per the advice of the company we booked through we chose a room close to the middle of the ship and not too high up as my husband is prone to motion sickness. After much research I've seen pictures of the actual room (obstructed view...and the worst obstructed view you can imagine...the lifeboat covers any and all possibility of a glimpse of anything interesting) so would love to think the possibility of an upgrade is there. :)

http://www.thejproject2010.blogspot.com

Unless you have marked it 'no upgrade', it could still be upgraded. But bear in mind that upgrades are not that common, some people cruise for years without getting one, and however nice a photo of a room in a higher category may look, it could turn out to be less desirable than the one you've carefully chosen (eg noisy location).

Archived