What to do in Fairbanks?

wailea4me

http://www.explorefairbanks.com

Flightseeing is excellent and varied. A car is necessary for local touring. Chena Hot Springs may be of interest. Alaska U Museum, Large Animal Research tour, Creamer's Field, Public Lands Exhibits, Ice Museum (if still open), Pioneer Park.

Arctic Circle tours, which I only recommend flying at least one way, never the round trip road trips.

We loved the Museum of the North at the University of Alaska. It's easier by car, but you can take public transportation. We spent a couple of hours there, and they have a wonderful gift shop. For dinner, we enjoyed The Pump House Restaurant, located right on the river.

We have 2 days to spend in Fairbanks. What would you recommend doing? I would appreciate any restaurant or activity suggestions.

Go to Santa Claus house in North Pole Alaska

Fly the Mail Plane above the Artic Circle to Annatuvik Pass and Beetles.

I agree with what others have said and will also add the Cookie Jar for breakfast. Very Yummy! :)

We really enjoyed the drive to Chena (saw a few moose) and the ice house tour.

We also found an excellent gift shop in town - Artric Travelers. They has fantastic made in alaska stuff and it was cheaper then the same items we saw later on our vacation in the ports. They also ship which was nice!

What about the Alaskan Salmon Bake and Palace Theater? This is offered thru Holland. Is it worth it?

Also, is there a historic section of Fairbanks that would be nice to walk around or a section with galleries/cafes etc.?

What about the Alaskan Salmon Bake and Palace Theater? This is offered thru Holland. Is it worth it?

Also, is there a historic section of Fairbanks that would be nice to walk around or a section with galleries/cafes etc.?

Yes, this this salmon bake is very good. Also consider the show at the Palace Theater.

Archived